Baseball Uniform Nameplates

slapshot

I am noticing that more teams are stitching names directly onto the backs of uniforms without using nameplates. Anyone else noticed this as well?

How many teams were using them last year, as opposed to this year?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I am noticing that more teams are stitching names directly onto the backs of uniforms without using nameplates. Anyone else noticed this as well?

How many teams were using them last year, as opposed to this year?

Three

It takes 3 licks to get to the center of a toosie roll pop!

Now then, to answer the question... <_<

The two teams I know of off-hand that still use nameplates are the Red Sox (away) and Braves. I'll have to research more to see if there are others.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I hate name plates - it's about TEAM, not the players!!! No Nameplates!!!

POST #: 2500 For KCScout76

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That's a dumb stance. You can execute good team-oriented fundamental baseball even if your last name is on your back

Yes, your right - but as a coach, I don't like it - that's my stance. Too many 'individuals' out there who want the the lime light. I appreciate my players who do their job every game w/o the personal glory.

Growing up, I had a name plate put on every jersey I bought. I love having my name on there. Makes you feel special. So I retract my statement, instead "I don't like, names on the jersey's, as a coach. But I know how it feels to get that jersey and to see your name on it" - That's cool.

Thank you for helping me reflect. I saw that statement after I posted it (#2500 no less - not a great one) and thought, boy am I going to sound like a jerk. Good point TCR!!! :notworthy:

(I guess I should only use the word "hate", Like, "I hate Nazis" :evil:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I don't think the # of teams using them is declining at all, in fact I'm pretty sure the only teams that don't use them are the White Sox, Cubs, Astros (pinstripe home only), Phillies home, Rockies, Dodgers and Yankees (obviously) and maybe Mets and D-Backs? But there's still definitely way more teams that use them than don't. Personally I like them, adds some extra flare to the jersey, but conversely can piss you off if you get one personalized and it doesn't have one, especially if you don't realize it for a few years..... :wacko:

Indians use them - saw the game tonight.

But they didn't always - I have a '97 home jersey without a nameplate. Maybe this started when they tweaked the unis with the silver trim.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

In response to the "no names, this is a team" thing, I think baseball players are probably a lot less obnoxious than football and basketball players. I mean, you have your Rickey Hendersons and so forth, but you're not going to catch Marcus Giles popping his jersey, or doing a stupid dance.

EDIT: But I'd love to hear Chipper Jones go "aww yay-uh. ATL, y'all."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived