Little League World Series

timmy b

on the subject of the llws.

i have ALWAYS wished that the kids taking part would wear the unis that they wore in the regional tournaments. like this year, i really enjoyed seeing what the kids were wearing in the elims. then they get to "billtown" (as the locals occasionally refer to williamsport), and they wear those uber-boring generic "northwest", "far east". "europe", etc. togs.

wouldn't you think the newtown, pa kids would take greater pride in wearing the unis that got them to williamsport instead of the yawn-inducing fluff they have to wear? to me, it's like asking the college world series guys from miami or arizona state to wear "southeast" or "pacific" or other nonsense once they got to omaha.

anh, just spouting off on the overnight shift.

tb

The LLWS has corporate sponsors such as Russell Athletic for uniforms, New Era for caps and Wilson for batting helmets. Some more-affluent leagues go all-out with their "local" unis while some poorer leagues have to wear what they can afford. I've got to say that I like the style of shirt the kids have. They need to add stripes to the pants.

In Wmspt. everyone is "equal." However, with all the new technology, the LLWS uniforms could be lettered with their hometown name in time for the tournament to start. Someone should suggest this to the cheap suits in "Billtown."

:D GO USA!

Thinking back to when I was a kid, if I had my choice between new uniforms or old uniforms that had my hometown's name on it, I would have preferred the ones with my hometown's name. We took a lot of pride in my little hometown of about 300 people (more like 125) now. I guess I still do. Wing is the name of my hometown, thus my screen name.

First of all, how can you HATE a game played by a bunch of 12 year olds? (then again I guess the same question could be asked to me "How can you hate a game played by a bunch of college women?")

Second, cheap suits in Williamsport??? ITS FREE ADDMISSION TO WATCH THE GAMES!

I really like the jersey tops this year. Very 1940's Cardinals. If I made it to the Little League world series, I'd wear whatever they told me to. I think I would have liked to wear a brand new uniform and use new gear.

I think the "Saudi Arabia" team is a little odd considering its made up of Americans.

I don't know how other towns/leagues pick their representatives for the Little League World Series. I know some use their Little League champion from that year. My town used an all-star team selected by the managers of the teams in our league.

I loved getting the new "All-Star" uniforms at the end of the season. It was nice to wear something that not only had our town's name on it, but showed that the players selected had accomplished something special.

We won our Division and ultimately lost in the N.J. state tournament. But if we had gotten to Williamsport, I'd have loved to break in a brand-new uniform signifying our accomplishment. Of course, being superstitious like I am, I'd probably put our town's uniform on underneath, or wear different stirrups - they'd gotten us that far...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

First of all, how can you HATE a game played by a bunch of 12 year olds? (then again I guess the same question could be asked to me "How can you hate a game played by a bunch of college women?")

Second, cheap suits in Williamsport??? ITS FREE ADDMISSION TO WATCH THE GAMES!

I really like the jersey tops this year. Very 1940's Cardinals. If I made it to the Little League world series, I'd wear whatever they told me to. I think I would have liked to wear a brand new uniform and use new gear.

I think the "Saudi Arabia" team is a little odd considering its made up of Americans.

Did you happen to catch the colors of the Saudi Arabian team's uniforms?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

By "cheap suits in Williamsport" I was referring to the executive board of Little League. I know admission is free, but my term was used to indicate their stodginess about being politically correct in every aspect of the game. Same uniforms, no local references, et al. :blink::wacko:

By "cheap suits in Williamsport" I was referring to the executive board of Little League. I know admission is free, but my term was used to indicate their stodginess about being politically correct in every aspect of the game. Same uniforms, no local references, et al. :blink::wacko:

Wait... having the same style of jerseys is being "politically correct"?

Man, the lengths you guys will go to blame everything on people being "politically correct".....

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

O/T

Wasn't there some kid who was 6'5" 250lbs on one of these LLWS teams? I thought I heard something about the biggest 12 year old ever competing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

O/T

Wasn't there some kid who was 6'5" 250lbs on one of these LLWS teams? I thought I heard something about the biggest 12 year old ever competing?

Yeah i saw that he is on the Saudi Arabia team. Two problems I have with the LLWS, first Canada's jerseys are green and white, could we at least get red? And why is Hawaii the North West team?

1zqy8ok.gif

maybe they should add a sleeve patch or something that designates their home state, or country..... i also think they could change the lettering/numbers just a bit for each team or maybe have the international teams' unis a different style than the americans'.....

and while i'm at it....how' bout moving the center field fence back at least 20 feet or so.......it's ridiculous seeing line drives that barely get above 10 feet go out for homers....

why is Hawaii the North West team?

The West region has 6 teams (No.Cal, So.Cal, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming) and the northwest only had 5 (Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana)...

First off, I would like to tell anybody who hates the Little League World Series that you have no soul. The LLWS is the funnest sporting event to watch. You see surprisingly good baseball from those kids (I swear, they can do a run-down better then Major Leaguers), you see kids having fun, you learn alot about the state of Baseball is in some countries. And there are some drop-dead funny moments.

But anyway, I like the basic Uniforms, but I agree that having them represent "regions" as opposed to countries or states is nuts. They should have the name of the state for the USA teams (so it would say Hawaii, Maine, Florida... etc), the name of the Country for most of the International teams, and the name of the Military Base, Oil company or embassy that the the "Trans-Atlantic" (AKA: US Citizens abroad) team comes from (Although that would bring up a problem, since the team from Saudi Arabia this year came from a Oil company, the front of the shirt would be a advertisement for that company).

I also gotta say that I think that the Foul Pole should be taller. It's very hard to see whether a ball is a homer or not.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Archived