Kings Rule!

kingssss

Music automatically playing on website = BAD.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

...even though one can turn it off simply by clicking on the speaker icon beside the word "Audio" in the top right corner... ^_^

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

...even though one can turn it off simply by clicking on the speaker icon beside the word "Audio" in the top right corner... ^_^

Why not make that an on button instead? Give the user the option to turn it on, rather than making them "opt out."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I couldn't decide whether to post about it or not, but since this was posted...

The Blues redid their website as well...

www.stlblues.com

www.stlouisblues.com

It's just a new variation on a style they've had for a couple of years, but I never thought they had gotten it quite right. Now, I think it looks awesome. It was more than just modifications...the whole graphical package is new...but they probably didn't have to change to much of the code, because the layout is basical like the old version.

Like the Kings, it looks like the Blues are going with a new slogan too. Though I imagine Bleeding Blue will be fairly common still and maybe even used by the team some, it looks like the primary slogan will now be Back In Blue.

Sounds alright to me...especially for this year. The Blues in previous years have done a wonderous job at the marketing side of the team, so I figure they'll make this work well.

I couldn't decide whether to post about it or not, but since this was posted...

I wasn't going to post, either, but the Wings redid their site over the summer as well...

http://www.detroitredwings.com

The new site is better than anything they've had before but until they get someone to manage the content well, I'm still going to say it sucks. I also dislike most of the banner.

On a semi-related not DetroitHockey.Net was also recently relaunched :D

BTW, non sequiter: I haven't seen your avatar before. Could it be I'm not the only Canaries fan in the States? Nice...

ON THE BALL CITY! scarf.gif

As for the Blues' site... I don't like the change, myself. The left side is now a bit dark for my taste, but the worst part is the header with the menu bar, team name, etc. I liked it so much better before, especially when they had the random fan/player images on it.

The Red Wings' site is rather broken if you don't have your browser wide enough.

Detroithockey.net got caught in some sort of weird testing loop when I tried to get to it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Glad to see the Wings redid their site. Their old one always bothered me not only due to look, but functionability as well.

DetroitHockey.net is looking nice Yzer.

Back to the Blues site...

I like the new shade on the left side. With the old design they were doing their retro theme and seemed to attempt a faded blue over there...but to me it always looked blue-green, and that bothered me.

As for the old banner, I did like the random photos, but I still just like these new graphics a lot.

Glad to see the Wings redid their site. Their old one always bothered me not only due to look, but functionability as well.

DetroitHockey.net is looking nice Yzer.

Many thanks. I decided that, since I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, I should simplify the design and focus on usability and content. Which is why Mockba's problem surprises me.

The Wings' site has always sucked. No usability, no functionality, no content, just pretty pictures. Usually it's been way too busy, this version is only somewhat too busy. I like the new banner but I laugh that just as the Wings decided to put Jiri Fischer in their player rotation (that didn't happen until about last week), he went and changed his jersey number so they don't have an updated photo.

Archived