BIG TEN JERSEYS

pittfan11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football? In 2002 MSU went to this style:a-Rogers.jpg

But abandoned it after an embarassing season. Northwestern has changed a couple times, and Purdue had gold home unis a couple of seasons ago, and it was a pretty big change, going from :

1fot07.l.jpg

to

1811_thumb.jpg

Indiana has changed, they had the Randle El era:

a_are.jpg

to this style:

1114_lovecchio.jpg

spikes.jpg

Michigan State changed uniforms because of John L. Smith. He wanted the old Spartan on the helmet instead of the "S," the old green color on the traditional uniform look (instead of the "new age" Nike unis they had gone to), no names on the back, the entire "Michigan State" on the front, white instead of black shoes, and most oddly: after Charles Rogers left he declared that no one would wear #1 again because it was too "me" oriented of a number.

Bucky

Illinois has slightly changed jerseys and helmets this year, do they not?

Illinois changed jersey styles last year, but they went from one form of basic and traditional to another.

Other than the edition of the Block I Circle logo on the pant thighs, I believe their helmets and pants have remained unchanged for over a decade now, perhaps two, but no gurantee there. (Oh, they did have white and/or blue alternate pants at one time, but I haven't seen those for years--no gurantee they haven't worn 'em though, cuz I can't watch 'em every week).

Illinois' helmet is new for this year. The block ILLINOIS is now outlined in blue.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Most of the recent changes have been covered; Minnesota last changed in 1997 when Mason went on board; this jersey IMO is the best in the Big Ten, or at worst, better than Wacker's rotate-a-jersey (remember the double M across the shoulders?) Wisconsin I think hasn't changed since Alvarez came on board. Pretty much everyone else that wasn't mentioned (Michigan, OSU, PSU, Iowa) has that "DON'T TOUCH" jersey.

And yes, Chief Illiniwek on the helmet would be sweet.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

It'd be cool to see the cheif on there, but the now bordered Illinois is just as cool. I like their newer jerseys, it's a simpler uniform, and I like the orange on orange look for the alternates.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Of course, the Chief or a Block I might look nice on that helmet, but I have no problem with the ILLINOIS.

Here's a concept from The Helmet Project's "some made-up stuff" page:

illinois4gl.gif

yep, pretty damn sweet!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Indiana has changed, they had the Randle El era:

a_are.jpg

to this style:

1114_lovecchio.jpg

Tough call. The "Randel El" era ones are ugly as sin, but the other ones are a DIRECT rip-off of Oklahoma.

The Matt Loveccio IU look is an exact reprint of OU, but if I remember correctly, IU wore those years and years ago before they started changing them. Granted, OU did as well, so I dont think its such a rip off as you might think.

This year IU has gone to a red facemask which is ugly and differs them from OU quite a bit.

Most of the recent changes have been covered; Minnesota last changed in 1997 when Mason went on board; this jersey IMO is the best in the Big Ten, or at worst, better than Wacker's rotate-a-jersey (remember the double M across the shoulders?) Wisconsin I think hasn't changed since Alvarez came on board. Pretty much everyone else that wasn't mentioned (Michigan, OSU, PSU, Iowa) has that "DON'T TOUCH" jersey.

And yes, Chief Illiniwek on the helmet would be sweet.

Michigan tweaked this years roadie with the yellow piping. A few years ago they did the ghosted "M" on the shoulders. Anyone remember that?

OSU, during the Earle Bruce era, the jersey stripes matched the hemlet and pant stripes. Any Keith Byers, Art Schleichter and Chris Speilman pics will reflect this.

Befgore that, the Woody era and after Earl, the John Cooper era right down to today, they have gone with what Woody called "The Buckeye stripe" on the jerseys.

Its a slight tweaking and Im glad they are back to "the Buckeye stripe", but still a tweaking none-the-less.

This year IU has gone to a red facemask which is ugly and differs them from OU quite a bit.

18ka.jpg27va.jpg

Differs "quite a bit?" Riiiiight.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, but only two are needed

1. rip

2. off

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived