How are AFL and AF2 related?

iccomics

I can answer this.

AF2 is seperate from Arena Football. AF2 is more for the smaller markets that are mainly in the Midwest and Southeast (Although they are expanding to the Northwest and do have teams in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Manchester, NH).

the question's been answered: AFL begat AF2 as its minor league. I know when it started, there were team affiliations (I recall the Mustangs were affiliated with one of the southern teams at first), though I don't know if this is still the case.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can answer this.

AF2 is seperate from Arena Football. AF2 is more for the smaller markets that are mainly in the Midwest and Southeast (Although they are expanding to the Northwest and do have teams in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Manchester, NH).

yah, thanks, i was wondering b/c i pan on attending an everett hawks game when they start. ive never been to an arena league game. i think tacoma shoudl have one if spokane and everett do...

I can answer this.

yah, thanks, i was wondering b/c i pan on attending an everett hawks game when they start. ive never been to an arena league game. i think tacoma shoudl have one if spokane and everett do...

And play where? Tacoma Dome is not made for arena football.

cc97, thats just sick

and they are trying to make the tacoma dome better with some renovations, so it could possibly hold a CBA or AF2 team in the future

Ok CBA and AF2 are two completely different things. Just because you can have basketball in an arena doesn't make it a good place for football. Look at all this wasted space:

sea118g.gif

There are no AF2 teams directly affiliated with AFL teams, however there are some owners who own teams in both leages. The New York Dragons owner used to own a team in New Haven and a team in Honolulu.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Ahhh, the Tacoma Dome. Isn't that the arena that has a wooden roof? Seeing as how it's a sports venue, would that make the roofing material sporting wood? Muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Ehhhh. Anyway, in the beginning, several AFL and AF2 teams had some sort of loose affiliations, but I'm not sure there were any actual player alottments or callups of a formalized basis. I'm just happy to see that AF2 continues to operate - Arena Football is a great game to watch in person and it's nice to see it enjoying a sustained presence.

Archived