2006 mlb scheduling

nym1231

I've heard from multiple sources that all teams' schedules have been made up already for the 2006 seasons, yet only some are shown on team sites. Does anyone know where I can find all the schedules for the upcoming season?

I've heard from multiple sources that all teams' schedules have been made up already for the 2006 seasons, yet only some are shown on team sites. Does anyone know where I can find all the schedules for the upcoming season?

You can't... wait around and they'll show up.

I know the Royals and Jays have posted theirs... the Mets come to Toronto for 3 in late June, that's all I know about your guys.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i have a giant tentative schedule for 2006.

interesting thing about it. the angels are scheduled to play an interleague series at SBC Park June 19-21.

The schedule has them listed as "ANA" :D

It must have been made by the Dodgers... as far as I know, they were the only team that did not change the Angels' abbreviation on their scoreboards from ANA to LAA.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I remember reading somewhere that the O's and the Nats will become Interleague rivals starting next year, with the Phillies and Jays becoming rivals.

I thought the Orioles and Nationals wouldn't play until 2007? I hope they do play Interleague games this year, I'll go to all of 'em...lol.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I remember reading somewhere that the O's and the Nats will become Interleague rivals starting next year, with the Phillies and Jays becoming rivals.

I thought the Orioles and Nationals wouldn't play until 2007? I hope they do play Interleague games this year, I'll go to all of 'em...lol.

If the current system was kept (Orioles-Phillies and Jays-Nats are rivals), it wouldn't have been until 2007. But they will change the rivalries (Matchups that occur every year) so that the Orioles and Nats will play every year starting next year.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

If the current system was kept (Orioles-Phillies and Jays-Nats are rivals), it wouldn't have been until 2007. But they will change the rivalries (Matchups that occur every year) so that the Orioles and Nats will play every year starting next year.

Makes sense to me... Phillies/Jays makes sense I guess, with the '93 Series and all. Gives us an excuse to break out the retro uniforms every year :)

---

Chris Creamer

another thing I noticed is that interleague games have switched again so that the AL East plays the NL East and so on, I believe that the D-Rays play the Braves and D-Backs at home and play the Nats and Phils on the road, along with thier home and home with the Marlins

I haven't checked the AL, but in the NL, all teams other than Atlanta, Chicago, New York, St. Louis and Washington have their schedules posted. Colorado only has their home schedule. Most AL teams have theirs up.

another thing I noticed is that interleague games have switched again so that the AL East plays the NL East and so on, I believe that the D-Rays play the Braves and D-Backs at home and play the Nats and Phils on the road, along with thier home and home with the Marlins

True, but, the Twins also are shown hosting the Dodgers in addition to their NL Central interleague games (vs. Cubs, @ Pitsburgh, @ Astros and host Brewers - no Cards or Reds). Not sure what's going on there...

Twins 2006 Tentative Schedule

Moose

Phillies tentative '06 schedule on their website has them playing a home-and-home with Boston.

That at least solves one of the "who's whose natural rival" questions for 2006 in the East divisions of the AL & NL.

Mets/Yankees: obvious

Marlins/D-Rays: obvious

Nationals/Orioles: newly obvious

Guess this means the Braves & Blue Jays will be reprising the 1992 World Series in a home-and-home, as opposed to the Phils & Jays revisiting 1993.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Phillies tentative '06 schedule on their website has them playing a home-and-home with Boston.

That at least solves one of the "who's whose natural rival" questions for 2006 in the East divisions of the AL & NL.

Mets/Yankees: obvious

Marlins/D-Rays: obvious

Nationals/Orioles: newly obvious

Guess this means the Braves & Blue Jays will be reprising the 1992 World Series in a home-and-home, as opposed to the Phils & Jays revisiting 1993.

However Atlanta does not visit Toronto... looks like we've become a team without a rival :(

---

Chris Creamer

• 2 weeks later...

I try and keep up with Interleague play as much as possible. As forMoose's question about the MIN-LAD series... In actuality, this type of thing happens every year, but it's normally it's another NL division that suffers the consequences.

The NL Central has, for a while now, always played 15 interleague games. The Cubs play the White Sox in a home and home. So do the Brewers and Twins. And the Reds and Indians. The Cardinals get one series(but two this year) with Kansas City. The Pirates get one with the Tigers. And of course, the Astros play home and home with Texas(but not this year).

The NL Central and AL West always create problems in Interleague play. The NL Central always plays three games less(15) than normal), while the AL West takes away three games away from each team in the division they face. Here's what I mean:

NL Central vs. AL East or AL Central

- NL Central plays 15 games, either AL squad plays 18

AL West vs. NL West or NL East

- AL West plays 18 games, either NL squad only plays 15

So, in the case that the NL Central plays the AL West, like in 2004? The NL Central gets a measly 12 interleague games, while the AL West, like all of the AL divisions, get 18.

How does this affect the AL Central this year?

Because of the imbalance, it's impossible for any of the 5 AL Central squads to play 18 games against just the NL Central - in part because that's where most of their IL rivalries are naturally based. If the White Sox have a home and home with the Cubs, that means the Cubs only have three series remaining - with four Al Central teams remaining. Sure, the next team can pick up the odd team out, but when you get to the sixth NL Central squad, they've maxed out their 15 IL games, and yet one AL squad will be missing a series.

Here's how it plays out:

White Sox(no order): vs. CHC, @ PIT, @ CIN, @ CHC, vs. STL, vs. HOU

Royals(in order): vs. STL, @ HOU, vs. PIT, vs. MIL, @ CIN, @ STL

Indians(in order): vs. PIT, @ MIL, vs. CHC, vs. CIN, @ STL, @ CIN

Tigers(in order): vs. CIN, @ CHC, @ MIL, vs. STL, vs. HOU, @ PIT

Twins(in order): @ MIL, @ PIT, @ HOU, vs. CHC, vs. LAD, vs. MIL

6 teams time five series each equals 30 series. Five teams times six series each equals 30 series. Sounds like it fits, right?

- But Houston has to play that one series with Texas

- and the Indians always play the Reds twice

- and now the Royals and Cardinals play twice as well

- so Minnesota doesn't have Cincinnatti or St. Louis as options(they're maxed out)

- so even with a home and home against the Brewers, they run out of teams to play after the Cubs, Pittsburgh and Houston

- hence the need for Minnesota to recruit the Los Angeles Dodgers for a three game set.

Normally, this happens to an NL East or West team where they play an NL team during the Interleague weeks. But when AL Central division plays its NL counterpart, that duty falls on the AL team.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same schedule maker that MLB farmed the duties out to last year - they've been doing solid work.

Sorry for the length, I'm sure I could have streamlined that...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I try and keep up with Interleague play as much as possible. As forMoose's question about the MIN-LAD series... In actuality, this type of thing happens every year, but it's normally it's another NL division that suffers the consequences.

The NL Central has, for a while now, always played 15 interleague games. The Cubs play the White Sox in a home and home. So do the Brewers and Twins. And the Reds and Indians. The Cardinals get one series(but two this year) with Kansas City. The Pirates get one with the Tigers. And of course, the Astros play home and home with Texas(but not this year).

The NL Central and AL West always create problems in Interleague play. The NL Central always plays three games less(15) than normal), while the AL West takes away three games away from each team in the division they face. Here's what I mean:

NL Central vs. AL East or AL Central

- NL Central plays 15 games, either AL squad plays 18

AL West vs. NL West or NL East

- AL West plays 18 games, either NL squad only plays 15

So, in the case that the NL Central plays the AL West, like in 2004? The NL Central gets a measly 12 interleague games, while the AL West, like all of the AL divisions, get 18.

How does this affect the AL Central this year?

Because of the imbalance, it's impossible for any of the 5 AL Central squads to play 18 games against just the NL Central - in part because that's where most of their IL rivalries are naturally based. If the White Sox have a home and home with the Cubs, that means the Cubs only have three series remaining - with four Al Central teams remaining. Sure, the next team can pick up the odd team out, but when you get to the sixth NL Central squad, they've maxed out their 15 IL games, and yet one AL squad will be missing a series.

Here's how it plays out:

White Sox(no order): vs. CHC, @ PIT, @ CIN, @ CHC, vs. STL, vs. HOU

Royals(in order): vs. STL, @ HOU, vs. PIT, vs. MIL, @ CIN, @ STL

Indians(in order): vs. PIT, @ MIL, vs. CHC, vs. CIN, @ STL, @ CIN

Tigers(in order): vs. CIN, @ CHC, @ MIL, vs. STL, vs. HOU, @ PIT

Twins(in order): @ MIL, @ PIT, @ HOU, vs. CHC, vs. LAD, vs. MIL

6 teams time five series each equals 30 series. Five teams times six series each equals 30 series. Sounds like it fits, right?

- But Houston has to play that one series with Texas

- and the Indians always play the Reds twice

- and now the Royals and Cardinals play twice as well

- so Minnesota doesn't have Cincinnatti or St. Louis as options(they're maxed out)

- so even with a home and home against the Brewers, they run out of teams to play after the Cubs, Pittsburgh and Houston

- hence the need for Minnesota to recruit the Los Angeles Dodgers for a three game set.

Normally, this happens to an NL East or West team where they play an NL team during the Interleague weeks. But when AL Central division plays its NL counterpart, that duty falls on the AL team.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same schedule maker that MLB farmed the duties out to last year - they've been doing solid work.

Sorry for the length, I'm sure I could have streamlined that...

Solid, and facinating explanation...

Thanks! Moose

Archived