The series of the Soxes

kingssss

Congratulations to the White Sox, but, in my opinion, we lost it just as much as they won it; between the error by Tony G in game 2 and our inability to score runs with the bases loaded and none out... the Red Sox didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs.

Not to the rest of the Red Sox players... David Ortiz and Manny CAN'T do it themselves.

Good to see the White Sox win, though... I'm pullin for 'em from here on out.

As for Renteria... any teams out there want a SS?

IUe6Hvh.png

All I have to say is Bye, Bye Boston! :lol: Go Yankees! Go White Sox! :woot:

[sound of a broom sweeping through the floor]

No amazing comeback this year :cry::down:

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

only one more to go........c'mon Angels.

Exactly. I'm already happy one of them's gone, and they can't play each other in the ALCS like everyone always wants them to, now let's shoot for the both of them.

teamsnew2.png

Who knows what's going to happen with "Error" Renteria during the offseason. Yes, he made a lot more errors than anyone would have guessed, but it's hard to say if any games were lost because of his errors. I don't know if the Red Sox are going to shop for another shortstop in the offseason. There's been so much turnover in the middle infield over the last few seasons, it would be nice to have some stability there.

Same thing with Graffanino; his error extended the inning, but Wells' home run pitch was what vaulted Chicago to the lead. Even Wells himself said you can't blame Graffanino.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Graffanino wont be back in BOston right or wrong the fans will never accept him back.

Graf will be back in Boston.

Why? He's not Mark Bellhorn, that's why. :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

All I have to say is Bye, Bye Boston!  :lol: Go Yankees! Go White Sox! :woot:

No amazing comeback this year :cry:  :down:

Ah ah ah! Not so fast there, Yankeeman.

It may not be by way the broom, but you guys are next.

6uXNWAo.png

Graffanino wont be back in BOston right or wrong the fans will never accept him back.

Tank, they gave him a standing ovation prior to yesterday's game, and prior to his first at bat of the game. For the most part, I'd say that Graf's a keeper in the minds of many Red Sox fans.

Red Sox Nation does not begrudge Graf for the single fact that he's not Mark Bellhorn. That and the fact that he took the criticism like man, and Sox fans will always appreciate a stand-up guy.

All I have to say is Bye, Bye Boston!  :lol: Go Yankees! Go White Sox! :woot:

No amazing comeback this year :cry:  :down:

Ah ah ah! Not so fast there, Yankeeman.

It may not be by way the broom, but you guys are next.

Exactly. The Angels are going to win that series, if not today, then on Game 5.

I sure wouldn't mind having Edgar back one day, but for now I'm loving Eckstein and I'll let Edgar get all that extra "respect" he said Boston was giving him.

Could we convert Edgar to an Outfielder?

Congrats White Sox. I thought it was fitting/funny/weird/whatever that Edgar ended the Red Sox season with a ground ball to the right 2 years in a row. I never wished ill on him at all, but once I saw what the cardinals got in return for losing him I knew we'd be better off.

You won't hear much from Red Sox fans, they know better than anyone that you can't complain too much for at least 5 years after a championship. Thank you Bill Simmons. :P

I sure wouldn't mind having Edgar back one day, but for now I'm loving Eckstein and I'll let Edgar get all that extra "respect" he said Boston was giving him.

Could we convert Edgar to an Outfielder?

Congrats White Sox. I thought it was fitting/funny/weird/whatever that Edgar ended the Red Sox season with a ground ball to the right 2 years in a row. I never wished ill on him at all, but once I saw what the cardinals got in return for losing him I knew we'd be better off.

You won't hear much from Red Sox fans, they know better than anyone that you can't complain too much for at least 5 years after a championship. Thank you Bill Simmons. :P

I think the Red Sox would be better off, especially in the long term, with Hanley Ramirez at SS.

I've tried to defend Edgar all along. That despite all the errors, all the times he struggled, that he'd get a huge hit for us that'd make everyone feel stupid for doubting whether he was worth it -- he had his chance in game two, and he failed.

Over 30 errors for a 2 (?) time Gold Glover? Something's wrong there.

IUe6Hvh.png

Edgar's a great player, but Boston isn't the place for him. He's got a long contract. If he sticks it out (and that's not necessarily up to him), he could get comfortable there, but Boston just never seemed like the place for him. A lot of people in St. Louis could have predicted he'd do as poor as he did (although, I'm surprised by the defense). I don't think anyone in St. Louis is unhappy that Edgar didn't sign the last contract offer the Cards made to him as it was for way too much money and we got so much for that money instead, but if he woulda stayed, I think he would have been much more likely to repeat his previous performances.

Archived