fav. Pac-10 logos

MHraven626

what is you fav. pac-10 team logos  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have to go with the arizona state's sun devil :D

Can't agree with ya, if only because my high school's rival used a bastardized Sparky as their logo.

My vote would've been for the old Oregon logo (Cursin' Donald Duck), but I am guessing we're going with current logos. So put me down for Tommy Trojan.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I wish USC was still using this guy on their helmets:

brand.gif

I don't know if I like the 1992 logo better or not... I think the cardinal facemask throws things off:

16mw.jpg23pl.jpg

31sh.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I don't like the cardinal facemask either - I don't like solid-color helmets with the same color facemask.

What I don't like about the 1992 logo is that the colors are actually reversed.  It makes the Trojan look like a photonegative.

The colors are off, but I think I could live with this. I just don't know how well the logo would show up from a distance:

10qk.png

The funny part is they actually refer to this version of the logo as "Trojan Head - Negative". Also, it's amazing what you can do with an Arizona Cardinals helmet template (courtesy of PANTONE).

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

About the only thing I'd do is put a thicker yellow border around it.

Hmmm. . .

Ask and you shall recieve. . .

10qk.jpg

YES. That is what it needed. There is something about this logo that is very regal... reminds me of something you would find on a nice coin.

Washington State has to be my least favorite.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :D

Arizona's A is sweet, and looks better on a white helmet...the old W/Husky is a lot better than the weasel, and Sparky is also near the top of the list. The script "Cal" is pretty cool, for some reason, and I think it's the same font as the "Ucla" - could be wrong.

But I gotta stick to the slick design of the Cougar head - designed decades ago and pretty innovative if you ask me.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

spirit-marks_chead.gif

The coug head design has been around in some form since 1936. The mouth was originally a "c" and got changed in 1956 to the current form. I didn't like it when I first saw it, mainly because it looks nothing like an actual cougar head. But it grows on you. And keeps growing, especially in Pullman where you see it everywhere. Hard to find another university so attached to its logo. It's original and stands out.

You'd be hard pressed IMO to find a better logo in the Pac 10. The Walt Disney sun devil is OK, but my second favorite is Oregon's "O" and Arizona's "A", although they are not very 'o'riginal.

UCLA and Cal are by far the worst. Putting your college's name in script is not original and not very cool. UCLA is the worst, because they don't really have a recognizable primary, which at least Cal does. Between the ripoff Boston "B", the script UCLA, and the circle logo with the bear, this school needs to figure out what their colors actually are (2 shades of blue, 2 shades of gold), and get a logo that is simple and works. Maybe someday.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived