Colorado fans & Canucks

RamblinGamblinTiger

I don't know, but how many regular season games did he end up missing?

Burtuzzi's a scum bag and I think he should have been banned for life--or at least as long as Moore is out.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Burtuzzi's a scum bag and I think he should have been banned for life--or at least as long as Moore is out.

He missed the last 17 games of the season, and then missed the first round in the playoffs. Then he missed a chance to play in the WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY and then he missed the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS as well.

Bertuzzi went through all the humility and criticism and now he's FINALLY playing hockey again. I think he got what he deserved. He has apologized to Moore and his family.

He admits that it was a REALLY stupid move, and he's ready to move on.

If Moore didn't hurt his neck, this would have never gotten this big.

Was it dirty what Bertuzzi did? Yes.

But no dirtier that countless other things that happen in hockey games every week. This one just happen to seriously fu*k up a dude...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

He missed the last 17 games of the season, and then missed the first round in the playoffs. Then he missed a chance to play in the WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY and then he missed the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS as well.

Bertuzzi went through all the humility and criticism and now he's FINALLY playing hockey again. I think he got what he deserved. He has apologized to Moore and his family.

He admits that it was a REALLY stupid move, and he's ready to move on.

Oh thank god he's playing. I was really worried about him.

Moore on the other hand might never play hockey again.

Seems Fair.

I somehow doubt one of the best forwards in the league at the time would go "hey, I think I'll break this guy's neck" then crack bang boom. Bertuzzi must've taken lessons from spock because as soon as he punched his head in the just perfect place, Moore fell down like a stone and rocked his noggin on the ice. That was scary as hell, and thankfully Moore wasn't paralyzed or killed.

Moore's got a few more years left before he comes back to the ice, and I kinda feel bad for Bertuzzi in a slight way. He did his time and humbled himself in front of the press weeping like he did about the whole circumstance, and I'd imagine it takes a bunch to get a toughass hockey player to cry like that. However, he needs to get his head together and play hockey. Last night he didn't do dick, he just floated around on the ice while his team got their asses kicked. Then he had to mess w/ the press's questions for I'm sure the billionth time. Suck it up man, play hockey. :hockeysmiley:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why Bertuzzi should not still be suspended:

Argument #1: "Because when the victim does not get seriously hurt, the perpitrator gets a few games and its forgotton. Should his punishment be more just because Moore HAPPENED to get hurt worse?"

I say YES. If you do something that is that dirty and the guy does not get hurt and you get 5 games, fine. But when you do something that dirty, you should know that you are running the risk of a lifetime ban. If he does not get hurt, you are lucky. If he dies or never plays again, you are banned for life. If he misses a year, you miss a year. I have no problem with that. It is not "unlucky" for Bertuzzi that Moore is that badly hurt, since Bertuzzi caused it.

Argument #2: "He did not actually think Moore was going to be hospitalized."

That is probably true. He probably did not want to end his career. But what he did was still one of the most dirty, cowardly and dangerous things I have ever seen in sports. Hockey's rough, I get it. Guys get seriously hurt on clean plays. But this was different--I could care less what his intent was.

As far as I can tell, the NHL set a precedent. Commit a cheap shot, end a guys career. 17 games.

Fluff Bertuzzi, taht cheap, dirty coward.

This is a big part of the reason so many people in the US hate hockey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

And as far as feeling bad for Bertuzzi goes...that's comical. Poor Bertuzzi got suspended missed all sorts of exhibitions and now he has to get booed on top of that. The only thing worse would be...well if he had to have concussion-related trauma and miss out on playing for an indefinate period of time.

His interview last night:

"It is what it is."

"It is what it is."

"It is what it is."

"It is what it is."

I cannot read his mind and I admit that before the incident I knew very little about him. But I never really have had the impression that he cares.

The violence (and the NHL's promotion of it) is a turn off for me. But I admit, if a Colorado player were to hospitalize Bertuzzi in a similar fashion, I would be happy about it.

POTD (Shared)

It could be debated that Moore's neck injury was the result of his team piling on top of him and Bertuzzi.

Even if were true, it wouldn't have happened in the first place if Bertuzzi was playing hockey and not being a thug.

This wasn't a love tap or a clean check. He came up from behind and attacked someone who had no chance to defend himself. Maybe he didn't intend to break Moore's neck- maybe. But he did intend to assault him, he did intend to hurt him, and he did intend to take him out of the game. I'd be very surprised after watching what I did if his neck wasn't already crunched before anyone else stepped in.

In real life, if you slug someone for whatever reason, rest assured you're probably going to be charged with something far more serious. He should count his blessings he did not get a major conviction and substantial sentence on his head. He's destroyed someone else's life and there isn't anyone here that can convince me that it was simply a result of the game. Fistfights in hockey are tiresome enough, but what was here an assault.

I remember former Boston Bruin Marty McSorley was found guilty of assault with a weapon in a Vancouver court as a result of his swing at Canucks forward Donald Brashear's head. McSorley hit Brashear in the head with his stick with 3 seconds remaining in the game, knocking Brashear's helmet off. Brashear's then fell and his uncovered head hit the ice and sustained a concussion & memory loss. McSorley argued that he didn't mean to hurt Brashear, and simply wanted to hit him on the shoulder to goad him into fighting. What he hoped to accomplish with 3 seconds left is anyone's guess. The judge disagreed, saying that "Brashear was struck as intended." As a fan of both hockey the Bruins I was disgusted with the act.

That's part of the problem, a fight in any other sport leads to an ejection, suspension, and fines. But in hockey you're often awarded with coffee break in the penalty box. When fights are acceptable, it only becomes a matter of time before someone tries to push what they can ge away with. Fights and dirty playing do not happen anywhere near the frequency in college, olympic, and world competition, and I don't see the sport being any less competitive or enjoyable. I really don't care what Bertuzzi's line of reasoning was- it was wrong, and he should have received a far worse consequence for the results rather than his alleged intentions whatever they may have been.

Bertuzzi isn't the first player to go overboard and it's very doubtful he'll be the last. But I don't think hockey would be missing much if he never played again. It was a mistake to reinstate him.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

But I admit, if a Colorado player were to hospitalize Bertuzzi in a similar fashion, I would be happy about it.

And thus, we have a hypocrite.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If a Colorado player were to retaliate on Bertuzzi and break his neck, I would call for him to be suspended for as long as Bertuzzi's out, just like Bertuzzi should be suspended until Moore comes back.

Bertuzzi's an :censored:, and after his press conference, it's really hard for me to bring myself to believe that he actually cares. Oh well, I guess it is what it is.

I wish Brad May would've fought Bertuzzi, to be honest. But I like the way the team handled it -- they beat 'em on the ice.

IUe6Hvh.png

so if Scott Peterson said he was sorry and cried for a little bit, I guess it would be alright too? Because maybe he didnt mean to do what he did.... BS!

your comparing murdering someone to a hockey accedent? nice <_<

The violence (and the NHL's promotion of it) is a turn off for me.

Yeah that b.s. instigator rule is a real promotion of violence

tool

They could suspend everyone for fighting like...Oh every other team sport. It's what they do in college hockey and guess what. Almost no fights.

Pro hockey leagues have been promoting the violence and fighting for decades. The NHL used to do it more than they do now--they seem to understand the problem with showing fight clips in their promo videos (though the ECHL did a few years ago when I lived in an ECHL town).

Does hockey violence happen because fans want it? Probably. But either way, they could essentially eliminate it if they wanted to. They don't.

POTD (Shared)

But I admit, if a Colorado player were to hospitalize Bertuzzi in a similar fashion, I would be happy about it.

And thus, we have a hypocrite.

I reckon so, in this case.

Sometimes in team sports, I believe in an eye for an eye. It would obviously be wrong to go after the guy's career. I'm just saying he'd deserve it.

POTD (Shared)

So penalties should fit the injury, not the crime? If I throw a 5-minute elbow but it causes the guy to retire due to his 11th concussion, I should be forced to retire too? No. He got a penalty and suspension. He served it. To draw it out based on how long the other person is out is ridiculous.

Answer this simple question. Where do you draw the line?

Archived