DiPetro's Pads

Neon_Matrix

ERA10211090140.jpg

Ok its been long enough, I have to know what this guy is thinking. Are his pads REAL undyed leather or...just brown leather? All I can say is I like his idea...but they look UGLY with the orange and black lines in them...if he wanted a classic look, he should have just taken the same colour leather for the whole thing. Even the little black accents would be enough...but the orange makes it an eyesore. Just what is he thinking...I WANT ANSWERS!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

THOSE LOOK F'ING SWEET.

I used to loathe the Islanders, but now I am their biggest fan!

In Old School we trust!

Old school didnt have bright orange included in the scheme...same with black. The MOST that had was some white...thats it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

10097064.jpg

Now these are what retro pads look like. No bloody bright orange or black, just full on tanned leather!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

What you say is black is actually a blue that matches the one used on Islanders jerseys. I love his pads. I hate him.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

What you say is black is actually a blue that matches the one used on Islanders jerseys. I love his pads. I hate him.

I dont like him either, but I also dont like his pads. I like the idea, I hate the execution. They just look ugly!!

And now that I see it, it is blue, just a REALLY dark blue.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I dont like him either, but I also dont like his pads. I like the idea, I hate the execution. They just look ugly!!

And now that I see it, it is blue, just a REALLY dark blue.

Just wondering why you guys dont like DiPi??? I've met him person and he actually is a really nice guy, class act. And hes great at stopping the rubber to boot.

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Just wondering why you guys dont like DiPi???  I've met him person and he actually is a really nice guy, class act.  And hes great at stopping the rubber to boot.

Don't get me wrong. He's a great guy (I've met him, too) and a superb goaltender. But he's the Isles' backstop, and as a diehard Ranger fan its my duty to hate him.

That's why. Out of curiosity, where on LI do you live?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Love the pads, have no opinion of him as a person one way or the other, wish him well... except when he plays the Flyers.

If we wanted to complete the old school tribute, he should repaint his mask all-white, with the Jason Voorhees-style Mylec plastic mask design.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just wondering why you guys dont like DiPi???  I've met him person and he actually is a really nice guy, class act.  And hes great at stopping the rubber to boot.

Don't get me wrong. He's a great guy (I've met him, too) and a superb goaltender. But he's the Isles' backstop, and as a diehard Ranger fan its my duty to hate him.

Darn good netminder, but he's an EVIL FISHSTICK. He's on any other team, I don't mind him...he wears the blue and traffic cone orange of the Icelanders, he's the AntiChrist. It's part of the Ranger Fan Contract...you play for the Isles, you're dead in our eyes.

I will admit, he can take a joke pretty well :lol:

True Story.

I remember one night in Hartford when Dippy was still playing for B-Port, the fans were getting on his backup, Steve Valiquette, pretty bad (seeing Valiquette couldn't stop anything that night)...now, at the HCC, the visitor's bench is short, so the backup keeper has to sit in the tunnel (which is located off to the side where Hartford shoots twice)...

Well, seeing it was Dippy's night off, he was watching the game...After the end of the 2nd period, Dippy for some reason decided to turn to the fans in the section behind the tunnel and kinda remind them that Valiquette's not that bad of a keeper (which is true...he's pretty solid for an AHL backup..got to know that when he came to Hartford a year later)...

Word of this got out to some of the louder hecklers in that section behind the net the Pack shoots twice at..this night I had seats off to the side of that section, closer to the tunnel.

Third period starts..someone for Hartford puts one home past Valiquette...and the usual seranade begins (repeat goalie's name 3 times and go "YOU SUCK!" after the third time)...well, it was with a twist....the crowd behind the net goes "DIPIETRO...DIPIETRO..DIPIETRO...VALIQUETTE SUCKS!" :lol:

He started laughing at that one...

There were a few other vocal barbs launched his way, but he took em in stride (although I think one of my friends nearly made Dippy fall off his stool laughing when he asked him how he felt losing what should have been his job to a paperboy (Osgood) and a guy with pads the size of the Port Jeff Ferry)....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

That's why. Out of curiosity, where on LI do you live?

Im in Nassau, around the Valley Stream Area

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

I don't like how they treated Luongo and how they got rid of an amazing goal tender to get some other goalie who was supposed to be better...and its turning out he isnt. And I dont get why all of you think hes going for a classic look when NO GOALIES ever had any other colours in their pads besides the tan brown of leather! I know hes trying to do a classic/modern look, but it looks horrible. Bright orange and dark blue and brown...wow...great combo. :wacko:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'm usually one for odd looking pads. I love Marc-Andre Fleury's and Wade Dublewicz(sp?). I even like Oregon's football uniforms(a lot). However, I think these pads are pretty gross. Having brown and brigt orange just doesn't look appealing. I'm a pretty big fan of Ricky D though. I like the Isles a lot.

the pads are alright, the guy wearing them can go to hell. he strikes me as an ass somehow, if you wanna know why.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Gotta love the old waffle boards. I still have my Vic from my deck-hockey days.

Those pics show just how different the goaltender equipment sizes are. It's getting better, but still has ways to go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ERA10211090140.jpg

Ok its been long enough, I have to know what this guy is thinking. Are his pads REAL undyed leather or...just brown leather? All I can say is I like his idea...but they look UGLY with the orange and black lines in them...if he wanted a classic look, he should have just taken the same colour leather for the whole thing. Even the little black accents would be enough...but the orange makes it an eyesore. Just what is he thinking...I WANT ANSWERS!!

Brown leather and bright orange do not mix. Just ask the Browns.

ERA10211090140.jpg

Brown leather and bright orange do not mix. Just ask the Browns.

That's where you're wrong. I love the Browns' uniforms. Granted, I like the white unifoms best, but I think they pull off the brown and orange.

Archived