Mara - Tisch Patch

JQK

From Newsday:

Wellington Mara's son John is the Giants' CEO; Jonathan Tisch has been the treasurer since his father purchased 50 percent of the team in 1991. Tisch's elder son, Steve, a movie producer, joined the Giants as an executive vice president prior to training camp this season to help with the negotiations on a new stadium.

full article

I think I read in either Newsday, the Daily News, or the Post that neither family plans on selling their 50% share.

img9048571.jpg

I know that this is sad, but a little patch for these two guys?

The least they could do is put Mara's initials on the bottom or middle of the jersey sleeves, just like the Bears did for Halas. That patch could be only for this season.

Mara should be with the Giants legacy forever, just like Halas with the Bears

" I know that this is sad, but a little patch for these two guys?"

I am sure it will be like when the Browns lost Al Lerner, they wore a patch for the remainder of the season and then the following season from then on the 'AL' was part of the stripes. Don't be surprised if NY adds the initials in somewhere on the jersey too as a permanent fixture next year.

It's classy and dignified...

Much like the gentlemen the patch honors.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

It's classy and dignified...

Much like the gentlemen the patch honors.

Classy and dignified indeed, but still - the Mara patch was too small for paying tribute to 1 person upon his passing. This patch is a tribute to 2 men, and it's way too small. It's barely legible on TV and in photos.

I realize that Mara was a behind-the-scenes person who didn't seek the limelight like a lot of other owners. But I'd like to see a little more for both men - and a Halas-style "WTM" permanently affixed to the Giants' unis would not be out of line at all, considering all that Mara did for the team, and the NFL.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived