NFL Thanksgiving logo

Chiefster2000

Why bother if they're not doing throwbacks?

Agreed. What's classic about watching the Lions in their black alts?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Because it is the tradition of Thanksgiving football. I would like to see teh throwbacks, but the Lions should do something besides the blank helmet, pants and jerseys.

Maybe the 60s one with the basic current concept in place, but no white trim (example, just two silver stripes on the helmet). Think Alex Karras, "Paper Lion", etc.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Here is the NFL Thanksgiving logo

thanksgiving05_cl.gif

Thanksgiving Classics huh? Let's see...

The Broncos and Falcons unis could hardly be classified as classics.

The Lions black alt is classic alright...classic if it were 1998 all over again with black being added to everyone's jersey.

Aside from the Cowboys sporting their throwbacks, there is nothing classic about these games other than the fact that the Lions and Cowboys are playing. And that's about it.

Fluff the NFL on this one - they totally dropped the ball. :evil:

Hint:  "Classics" doesn't have anything to do with the uniforms, nor masturbating over throwbacks.

I do that over other things, trust me. B)

As for the name, it can obviously be a reference to the games themselves, but the NFL has really focussed on the throwbacks in the past. I think that is why the throwback fanatics are so incensed.

Hint:  "Classics" doesn't have anything to do with the uniforms, nor masturbating over throwbacks.

Yeah? Why do you have to be a jerk about it?

God forbid I make the association of the term "Classics" with unis.

About the only thing "classic" about Thursday's game is Texas Stadium, and that's going by the boards as well. What's classic about a team in a black alt playing on plastic grass in a just-built dome? Or maybe they're referring to the "classic" quarterbacking of Joey Harrington.

Or maybe Madden will bring back the turducken.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Perhaps it has something to do with the tradition of Detroit and Dallas hosting games on Thanksgiving day. I don't seem to remember a lot of other teams doing this.

I'm just guessing. I suppose I could be wrong.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Or maybe Madden will bring back the turducken.

One can only hope...one can only hope

I have a feeling ABC would frown on him appearing on Fox or CBS. :P

.... you might want to choose your words more carefully next time..... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

.... you might want to choose your words more carefully next time..... ^_^

yeah, no kiddin, stupid yanks...

^_^

Who you callin' a stupid Yank, you wanker?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived