UCLA Bruins

andrewharrington

UCLA is so close to a great look, but just misses in a few elements. Okay, the University just adopeted a new academic mark last year, and along with it, an official set of colors, which is something they've never had. The UCLA light blue is one of the new official UCLA colors. It is a custom PANTONE color, so you won't find it in your swatches, but a little internet searching will get you the CMYK values for it. They also adopted a yellow gold, but UCLA football belongs in metallic gold, and of course, dark blue. I've chosen the shades of metallic gold and dark blue to compliment the UCLA light blue as best as they can. Stylistically, I kept such traditional items as the "UCLA Stripes" on the jersey and the script on the helmet, and I returned to the classic and unique number typeface they used up until last year. I've used Rosewood here, though, instead of the original typeface because Rosewood is much more consistent and well-designed. With that, I had to drop the white outline from the numbers, but that doesn't bother me. There is very little white on the Ucla uniforms, except those white and gold shoulder stripes on the home jerseys. Thus, I've made the numbers and stripes more consistent throughout but making the shoulder stripes dark blue and gold, just like the numbers, and finally added dark blue socks to tie the top into the bottom. These came out great, in my opinion, and as I look at them, I have very few reservations in saying, "Those are some of the most beautiful college football unoforms of all time." Enjoy.

ucla.gif

This image represents my approximation of UCLA Dark Blue, the exact value of UCLA Blue according to the swatch in its Graphics Standards Manual, and the metallic gold color I think best compliments the two. Later in the thread is a version of the concept using my approximations for the colors currently used by UCLA.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looks great. I'd still like to see some more white on the home version, just so the gold numbers and letters pop out a bit more (it could be my screen that's lowering the contrast).

I have a theory about the color of the jersey too, but I'll PM you later about it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Those look good but I actually like the white accents on the home jersey. I think the white looks nice on the stripes and numbers. I think the road jersey needs some light blue accents in the same way that the home jersey has white accents on the stripes and numbers. I also think UCLA should wear light blue socks with the home jersey and I love grey facemasks for gold helmets (ala Notre Dame).

These are really nicely done though. Looks like you're well on your way to mastering the art of uniform design and logo making.

buffalo_sig.png

One second guys. I have to re-upload it. And no way Imageshak is better. This isn't Photobucket's fault, it's mine. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Aha! There it is. The dark blue looks purple to me, but since it is "UCLA Dark Blue", I can't really complain. These are looking pretty good to me, although I like UCLA's currents a lot. I think maybe some pants stripes would look good. You could even make them identical to the jersey stripes.

Those are unbelievable. This is exactly what UCLA should be wearing - this takes care of all their current inconsistencies and would look great on the field.

Wow.

:notworthy:

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Amazing!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Bravo, dude.

Other than needing a little white on the home jerseys, this is what they should be wearing. Schweet!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived