News on stars 3rd

Mr. Wrestling

Hey, guys. I am the artist formerly known as ChrisTex! Just back from a long vacation. Thought I would pass this nugget along. Yesterday, on Dallas' sports radio, the Ticket, one of the noon show hosts were talking about the new Dallas Stars 3rd jerseys. He said that they were going to be red, white and blue, and play off the Texas flag look. He stated that they were primaraly red!!! He didn't say if they looked anything like the current unis. Just thought you guys would like to hear that.

Glad to be back,

Chris

I bet this is false.  Atleast the oilers third is somewhat close.  Granted, silver is out of left field, and the blue's are different, but atleast it's blue.  But red white and blue for a team who uses green,gold, and black?  The NHL would never allow that big a difference.

The Stars and the Wild both use the same shade of green.

The Stars have terrible uniforms.  As a third, okay, fine, whatever, but for regular wear it is too wierd.  Not to mention ugly. It be cool if the uniforms were like the old Northstars jerseys, but the Minnesotians would revolt.  Not everything has to be a standard striping pattern, but the giant star doesn't work for me, especially since it's a stolen All Star template. I hate uniforms where the numbers overlap the striping, and the peak in the middle of the back of the uni makes the numbers overlap.  It looks so sloppy.  The Stars also have a bad logo.  It's a wordmark.  Get a little creative.

But then again, I absolutely despise the Stars.  NO GOAL!!  :D

Finally.. someone who agrees with me that the Stars uniforms suck....

THe ones they had until 99-2000 were great... classy and smooth... very professional looking...

The ones they have now wouldn't even look good on a Las Vegas whore...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

THe ones they had until 99-2000 were great... classy and smooth... very professional looking...

The ones they have now wouldn't even look good on a Las Vegas whore...

I have always thought this. Especially cuz they ripped them off. Their old ones sucked too though.

If they'd've totally modeled them off the all-star jerseys, and kept a flat line across the bottom, they'd probably be better.  I don't despise them, but I agree with what someone said about numbers overlapping trim.

Their old ones were bad, though.  The home and road jerseys had nothing to do with each other, for starters.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've never liked the Stars' present set and frankly I would have preferred that their prior set used green rather than black for the dark jersey.

With regard to the alleged RWB color scheme on the third, the NHL might allow it if something has slipped entirely under our collective radars and the team is going to be renamed the Lone Stars (as rumored in 1993) and adopt the Texas flag's color scheme for 2004.

I think that's a loooooooooongshot (actually the whole 2004-2005 season is a longshot at this point) but it is one possible explanation.

Just spoke with a friend who works at the Ticket in Dallas, and he said "its true, but he hasn't seen it yet. Its not official, but its probally going to happen." I'll let you guys know more if I find anything out, or if I get an image.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

With regard to the alleged RWB color scheme on the third, the NHL might allow it if something has slipped entirely under our collective radars and the team is going to be renamed the Lone Stars (as rumored in 1993) and adopt the Texas flag's color scheme for 2004.

Perhaps this is a testing of the waters? Run the third for one season... If it goes down well in 03-04, draw up the paperwork for a new look in 04, and relaunch the team with the RWB scheme in 05-06.

thought they had to be the same colours as their jerseys?

This coming from an Oilers fan? Have you seen their thirds recently? :cool:

the blue on the oilers 3rd is the same as the blue on their home jerseys. (gotta get used to saying home when i mean dark) the rule i believe is that the dominant colour has to be the same. although the ny rangers 3rd blue is way darker than their traditional colour so i'm not sure what the deal is. if the league is gonna collapse anyways, might as well let teams do what they want and come out with a different jersey for each game!

the stars suck and so do their jerseys and their crappy texas fans.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Ok, I read this board all the time & I thoroughly enjoy it. But, come on guys. You're speculating about this jersey. I heard the entire segment on the Ticket radio station as well and it is not 100% confirmed. But, I am open to the idea. I have to defend the Stars jerseys, they are much better than the original ones. I don't like the numbers over the lines either, but I like the jersey.

Sabres7200 - Dude, it has been four years, get over it. The Stars won the Cup. Move on with your life and stop crying.

Oilfaninvan - Crappy Stars fans huh? Let's see, you beat us how many times in the post season series?

Brad

Oilfan: Edmonton's blues on the home/roads and the third are NOT the same. The home/roads use PANTONE 19-3935TC("Deep Cobalt"). The third uses PANTONE 282C(Navy Blue). 282C is a very common navy blue color. The team calls both of these colors "midnight blue", but they are different colors.

The Rangers home/road uses PANTONE 286C. The alt uses PANTONE 282C.

Lone Stars is such a stupid name. Dallas deserves it. You can't have a plural of something that is lone.  I hope they don't go to your standard red white and blue scheme.  Atleast their one now is different.

I bet if they did go red-white-blue, they'd use the the same colors as the Bluejackets, but with silver or gold or something.  The bluejackets red and blue are the standard red and the standard navy.

well i'm bitter because the oilers suck so much ass against the stars. we are way out of our league when we play them in post season hell. we sometimes get lucky and beat them with speed, and dammed if we don't crunch the :censored: out of them and beat 'em up, but the fans do suck. i hate their fans. they know nothing. *grumble grumble*

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Not me. The Stars current road, originally a third, is probably my favorite jersey in the whole league. I bought one as quickly as I could get my hands on one.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived