Mooch may be out in Detroit

FiddySicks

Too bad for Mooch.

They need to get rid of Joey Harrington.

Picking Mike Williams didn't help, either. Anyone else think they'd be better had they taken Demarcus Ware? That team seems hopeless to me.

I'm still scratching my head at the Mike Williams draft choice the Lions made. The WR position shouldn't have been a priority before defence. Any defensive player drafted would've helped this team a lot, weather it be Ware, Spears, Merrimen, D.Johnson or T.Johnson. Heck, drafting Jamaal Brown would've been a better choice. The thing that gets me is, Detroit signed Kevin Johnson 3 or 4 days before the draft! Going into the draft, although injury prone they had: Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Kevin Johnson and they had Hakim still at that time as well! Such talent at the WR position and still no offence. Blame it on Harrington. But Mariucci has to take a lot of the blame too.

Blame Millen for the draft strategies.

As for Mooch, I like the guy and think this team can win 9 games under his direction next year. However, he seems to have lost the team. They certainly didn't seem motivated to play on Thursday and it's their one big game of the year. It may be time to go in another direction if you ask this Lions fan.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Mariucci is a good coach and will have a job soon after being fired. As for Harrington, I think he needs to go to a different team to succeed. I think the attitudes and frailty of the WRs makes the situation so much worse.

Then Ford should fire Matt Millen.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Millen and Harrington are the reasons that Detroit are in that super-funk right now. If anybody, they should be sent packing.

But then again, who knows what to do. They haven't won any sort of anything since '57.

Millen should be fired well before Mariucci.  Millen was the one who wanted Harrington and Mooch was against this from practically the beginning.  Also Millen acts like he is the coach and talking to player and telling them what to do and such, it's just stupid.  Although it's easy to say the Mariucci is a players coach and isn't that aggressive towards them, and he should be fired do to this.  Frankly, both should go but Millen is the main problem.

Harrington will probably be the back-up QB next year, with either Garcia or a new quarterback at the starting position.  Although if Millen hires someone who believes in Harrington as much as he does than Detroit is screwed.

So Millen called Mariuuci in SF to get his opinion on drafting Harrington? :blink: I hate when people babble like they know something. <_<

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Instead of making them contenders, Matt Millen has single-handedly run this franchise into the ground.

The team was already six feet under when Millen arrived.

They were a Paul Edinger field goal (with Da Bears) away from going to the playoffs...I think.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Instead of making them contenders, Matt Millen has single-handedly run this franchise into the ground.

The team was already six feet under when Millen arrived.

They were a Paul Edinger field goal (with Da Bears) away from going to the playoffs...I think.

I kinda remember that, but Charlie Batch would have been their QB then so it's not like people were ever expecting anything special from that team in the following year, especially with the Packers and Vikings in their division.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived