Twins to unveil new Sleeveless Uni

Joshawaggie

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...rs/13237734.htm

Should be coming up this next week soon. I'm excitied, I'm sure it will look good. Sounds like it wont be worn too often, but it should be a nice change. I wouldnt be sad if they stopped wearing the blue unis at home, and only stuck to wearing those on the road. The road blues are my faves.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I agree with Patsox on this one. I'm no fan of sleeveless jerseys, but they seem even more pointless when you're just taking the home whites and chopping the sleeves off.

The "TC" would have at least given us something a little different.

I do, however, like the new BPs.

Being a Twins fan, I am disappointed they didn't go with the TC logo instead. I am sure I will end up buying one of the authentic ones eventually, but still the Twins don't wear their blue alternates enough (the blue road alt is my favorite Twins jersey). Still, how unoriginal is it to just lop the sleeves off?

Here's an idea...how about they keep the white uniform with the pinstripes, but just don't put them on the sleeves...leave the sleeves completely white.

Eh? Eh? Huh? Huh?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I was worried about two things: 1. The TC logo wouldn't look so great with a vested uniform; 2. That the Twins would go away from pinstripes.

But I like what they did, using the Twins script and the pinstripes. While I usually hate vested jerseys in pinstripes, I think this is going to work well.

Well, it's good that they kept the pinstripes. Teams that wear pinstripes should wear pinstripes. Period. Yes, this means you, Mets and Astros. The Twins are a pinstripe-wearing team, going back to the days of Walter Johnson, with only a short break to wear solid white in the polyester pajama era, so they should stick with pinstripes even if they go to a vest. Which they shouldn't, being an indoor team from just about the coldest climate in the big leagues. Vests, to my mind, go with outdoor-playing teams in hot climates, plus Pittsburgh.

Anyway, though I despise the use of the TC logo, the one place it would look good is on the chest of a pinstriped vest. Then again, the Twins still have that lovely M logo too, which would not only look just fine on a vest but would also harken back to the classic look of the W-chested Senators.

The bad news is that the vest alternate doesn't replace anything. The Twins will now have 21 plausible uniform combinations (14 if you limit the blue TC cap to home and the M cap to the road). Without wearing a white shirt on the road or a gray shirt at home, the Twins could wear a different uniform every day for almost a month of games. That's just awful. It means that, strictly speaking, the Twins no longer have "uniforms" at all. They have a wardrobe. And that doesn't even count wearing the new BP shirt as an alternate, which would raise the total number of plausible outfits to 27, not counting the possible use of the BP cap with the BP shirts. Not even the Mets were as egregiously over-alternated as the Twins now are.

And they still don't match the blue of their shirts with the blue of their caps. Aaaargh!

20082614447.png

Archived