NHL Logo

Hail2theVctrz

That's it, I just have to say it now to get it off my chest. Does anyone else find it annoying how the new NHL logo has the lettering going from bottom to top??? You read a book from the top, to the bottom. It just looks ga.....not cool (PC, right?). This is really starting to annoy me. I like the change from orange to silver, and modernizing the shield, but change the lettering!

-Rob Roy

lets take a looksie:

image_1757840.gif

nhllogo.gif

I prefer the old one. Why?

1. The bar was angled in the manner of a hockey stick going as the lettering leads the eyes down from right to left -- \\ -- , the new one going // could create the same effect but leading the eyes upwards makes it seems sort of uncomfortable to me, maybe if I held a hockey stick left-handed it wouldn't be such a big deal..I dunno, it's just a silly observation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dunno, it's just a silly observation.

Yes, your comment is indeed silly. Do you think hockey sticks only have lettering on one side? If you are looking AT a right-handed player, the text on the stick has the look of the current logo:

lemieux2.jpg

If you are looking at a LEFT-handed player, the text has the look of the old logo:

jagr.jpg

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

I like the new logo, because of the whole "the league is on an uprise" visual metaphor, and I'm so sick of people saying it should be going down, from left to right, because that's how we read. Man, if you can't read three letters going up, you probably shouldn't be allowed to read in the first place.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Now that they've changed the logo, I think the old one looks wrong. But I never used to have anything against it, until I saw the new one.

I honestly think the new layout of the text is an improvement. Not so sure about all the silver and gradients. The black and orange was a unique scheme among sporting leagues.

liverpool-1.png

I dunno, it's just a silly observation.

Yes, your comment is indeed silly. Do you think hockey sticks only have lettering on one side? If you are looking AT a right-handed player, the text on the stick has the look of the current logo:

lemieux2.jpg

If you are looking at a LEFT-handed player, the text has the look of the old logo:

jagr.jpg

I have this Jagr jersey but I want this Lemieux one. And on a sidenote...OLD NHL LOGO BETTER!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I like the new logo, except to add color to it though. I like the way the letters are on the shield as if it a subliminal message that the NHL is on this rise. Here is my idea for a tweaked new logo.nhlshields.jpg

Nice compromise. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived