Philadelphia soul (afl) logo

PSUCub

The quality's not the best since I just snapped a digital picture instead of scanning it, but here's the logo used in an ad for the kickoff party being held this Tuesday for Philadelphia's new arena football team, the Soul. It's only a black and white ad, so I have no idea what the team colors are going to be.

soulscanned.jpg

-PSUCub

surely they won't make the note like the wings on the eagles helmets......

considering ron jaworski's one of the owners, i wouldn't put it past em.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

John Bon Jovi has gone on record as saying that he came up with the name "Soul" for Philadelphia's new AFL franchise. He said that the name is meant to "link music, football and the community". It's a tribute to the unique musical sound created in Philadelphia in the 1970s by producers Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff.

Incidentally, apparently the team's colors have been identified as "gun-metal gray" and "medium blue".

Brian in Boston

John Bon Jovi has gone on record as saying that he came up with the name "Soul" for Philadelphia's new AFL franchise. He said that the name is meant to "link music, football and the community". It's a tribute to the unique musical sound created in Philadelphia in the 1970s by producers Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff.

Incidentally, apparently the team's colors have been identified as "gun-metal gray" and "medium blue".

Brian in Boston

I'm listening to Jon Bon Jovi on the Dan Patrick show right now.  He's echoing what Brian posted above.

It's where I sit.

Well, then I hope that someone in the organization has the good sense to have Don Cornelius do the player introductions for the home opener.

No, that's not a joke.

Archived