Seahawks helmet

brinkeguthrie

Further evidence that USFL uni design was fluffing awesome. I think the Seahwks don't wrap around simply because it would be risking too much inconsistency to have the decals touch in back. And one decal would seem very hard to apply. Now, IIRC, the XFL's Birmingham Thunderbolts had a 3-decal design on their helmets, but it started up front and made its way to the sides from there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Seahawks' helmet decals never, ever wrapped around. Even in 1976, their helmets had the noteworthy gaposis of the decals. Just an interesting design feature, like the Colts having only one stripe on their helmet and the Chiefs' arrowhead having a black outline on their helmet. It is what it is.

I've loved that logo and uniform for years and years....i've made different uniform variations of what they would look like now....and every time i've created a new league, i've always used the New Orleans Breakers.....love the wave....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

You'll notice that they should really have two different style stickers based on the type of helmet used. When the sticker is applied to a Revolution helmet, the seahawk doesn't reach as far forward as it does on a "normal" helmet.

It's where I sit.

You'll notice that they should really have two different style stickers based on the type of helmet used. When the sticker is applied to a Revolution helmet, the seahawk doesn't reach as far forward as it does on a "normal" helmet.

That's part of the reason why I'm not a fan of the Revolution helmets. Is there a good reason why their shells so funky other than some guy in a suit thought it looked good?

The Seahawks show how the Revolution helmets alter the appears of teams.

And I can't see the U of Michigan using Revolution helmets ever

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

That's part of the reason why I'm not a fan of the Revolution helmets. Is there a good reason why their shells so funky other than some guy in a suit thought it looked good?

The Revolution helmets were designed to reduce concussions and other head injuries; evidently the design was grounded in head injury indexes developed from several biokinetic studies. Here is the propaganda page from Riddell's site:

http://www.riddell1.com/page.php?id=66

logodawg86 - I guess you haven't seen any Michigan games for a while; several of their players are wearing Revolution helmets - most notably quarterback Chad Henne. I couldn't find a game photo of Henne, but in this photo from the IU game note that the lineman (#54) is wearing a Revolution helmet:

grady2.jpg

You'll notice that they should really have two different style stickers based on the type of helmet used.  When the sticker is applied to a Revolution helmet, the seahawk doesn't reach as far forward as it does on a "normal" helmet.

Also, it doesn't altar the uniform design any more than the various cuts of jerseys do. Smaller logos, thinner stripes, cut off stripes...all happen because the players where different jersey cuts.

It's just how it is. Granted, it wouldn't be overly hard to make the helmet work (and perhaps not even the jerseys), but seems like the manufacturers just don't care to try.

I thought the Riddell Plain Helmets it didn't wrap around because of the helmet gap, thing. But the Revolution and Schutt etc. don't have that gap, so I thought those were continuous.

??

Bottom Right Photo/second row from bottom. This explains what the plain helmets look like

This pic explains that I'm wrong about the schutt and revolution helmets they are not continuous.

SS.png

As you can see the back of the players helmet on the left is not continuous and it's a revolution or schutt helmet (the holes on top)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 2 weeks later...
We all forgot the other obvious one -- the Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers. No doubt about this one.

We also forgot the one that Kurt Warner made famous during his rise to NFL glory - the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena League. The logo is supposed to be old aviator goggles with "IOWA" written on the leather straps that tied around the back of the head. I found pictures but nothing that clearly showed that the logo wrapped around. But it did wrap around IIRC.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Princeton helmet, which became the Michigan helmet, has its "winged stripes" because they painted the leather pattern already part of the helmet. I think it would be cool if someone did the same thing with the revolution helmet. Paint the raised part a different color than the rest.

Sorry if this was off topic.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Archived