alcohol logos

Squeaks4

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
red_hook_ipa.jpg

I wonder how many people outside of the Puget Sound region even know what/where Ballard is. :lol:

I know about Ballard, but only because one of my uncles lives in Seattle and used to be on this one comedy show there.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

red_hook_ipa.jpg

I wonder how many people outside of the Puget Sound region even know what/where Ballard is. :lol:

I know about Ballard, but only because one of my uncles lives in Seattle and used to be on this one comedy show there.

Almost Live!, for sure. Who is your uncle?

Bill Stainton- Yeah it was Almost Live.

I met him at one of his yard sales many, many years ago. He autographed a copy of the Almost Live! record I bought from him. Great guy and funny, too.

I once made an Alexander Keith's Madden uni for somebody (I think it was on another board--it was a good logo for that.

I couldn't find any better pictures--but they're nice looking bottles & boxes-

Robert Simpson Confederation Ale.

681bed5d.png

c1291282.png

The Boxes won a packaging award.

It's a small brewery based in Barrie, Ontario.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I have an old, old, incredibly old bottle of beer that I, frankly, can't pronounce.

index_m.jpg

Imagine that with "Klosterbarueri Ettal" over it and "Kloster Pils" underneath it in Old English font.

(I wonder what "gegr. 1330" means..)

and this is Schmidt's Beer (which I think looks cool)

artwork_0007.jpg

I collect Beer containers, and that one is accurate to the one I'm holding in my hand.

Used to be brewed in Evansville (where I live) but they went out of business. The Brewery was a historical monument, but the city demoloshed it for a Baseball Stadiun that never was built.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Here's some packaging that I've been working on at my job for Flying Dog Brewery here in Denver. Ralph Steadman (buddy of Hunter S. Thompson and designer of the Fear and Loathing book cover and movie poster) does all of the illustration for the brewery's labels. I then take his drawings and put them together for the labels and packaging.

box-mock.jpg

Had this beer (first pic) a few weeks back, horrible. I have the priviledge of accessing a couple hundred different beers because we have a restaurant/bar called The Flying Saucer in Columbia. Over 200 beers and around 100 on tap.

The last image is one of my Top 5 beers, of the ones I've tried- Widmer Hefeweizen.

buttHead.jpg

mainimage.jpg

Ok, so I am 18 and it is illegal for me to drink so to not incriminate myself I will just say "of course I have never taken a drink in my life"  <_<...But I have noticed that I really do like a lot of alcohol logo's...Here are a few that caught my eye.

funny, this came from someone with an ASU sig!!!! :D

Ok, so I am 18 and it is illegal for me to drink so to not incriminate myself I will just say "of course I have never taken a drink in my life"  <_<...But I have noticed that I really do like a lot of alcohol logo's...Here are a few that caught my eye.

What can I say man? It is close to impossible to have any social life here at ASU and not be around alcohol. Still #1 party school in my mind.

PopHeading-1.gif

rolling-rock.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Imagine that with "Klosterbarueri Ettal" over it and "Kloster Pils" underneath it in Old English font.

(I wonder what "gegr. 1330" means..)

'Klosterbrauerei Ettal' means the brewery at the monastery in Ettal, which the Interweb tells me is a town in Bavaria. 'Gegr.' is short for 'Gegruendet', which means 'founded' or 'established'. Not sure if they're talking about the monastery or the brewery.

</geek> ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Here's some packaging that I've been working on at my job for Flying Dog Brewery here in Denver. Ralph Steadman (buddy of Hunter S. Thompson and designer of the Fear and Loathing book cover and movie poster) does all of the illustration for the brewery's labels. I then take his drawings and put them together for the labels and packaging.

box-mock.jpg

That is some great stuff. I've bought a Flying Dog six-pack before strictly on the appearance of the packaging/logo. How long have you worked there? Are your designs put in distribution nationally?

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

What can I say man? It is close to impossible to have any social life here at ASU and not be around alcohol. Still #1 party school in my mind.

aw come on we're just not a party school anymore, we have acade.........aw screw it(can't say it w/out a straight face :P), damn right we are a party school and proud of it. But we also have the best Broadcasting school in the country imo. and btw, I have always loved the Budweiser Crown logo :D

My brother and I are pretty involved homebrewers. In addition, my brother is also a graphic designer, so he takes as much time designing the labels as we do designing the beer. You can take a look at our different beers/labels here:

http://www.wagbrew.com/beer.php

Just use the "Jump to other beer..." menu and click on the small picture to get the full label. Be warned, there are lots of subtle beer snob jokes in the names and labels, so if you are one of these folks who think Budweiser is actually beer (when a strong case could be made that it isn't), you may not understand some of the names.

Archived