Houston NHL concept

dgnmrwrw

Here's a concept I developed for the Penguins if they moved to Houston. The name is the Houston Orbit. In theory, they would be in the Central, bumping Nashville to the Southeast, who would bump Washington to the Atlantic.

Check out the home jerseys and logos. Other jerseys to come soon. C+C appreciated.

Houston-H.png

Houstonlogo.png

That is AWESOME!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well-executed concept! Love the colors; just different enough from other NHL teams. And the logos, both are great. I, for one, think the 'left-leaning' H looks natural.

As someone mentioned above, this may be better than any new logos/names that may actually develop from this situation. Great job!

I LOVE this concept! Being a devout Houston sports fan, the idea of an NHL team gets me slightly aroused...

That being said, I do have some minor nitpicks:

1. As mentioned by pollux, the "orbit" around the H doesn't look right, switch the "orbit lines" around on the right upright of the H, so that it appears to go behind the top part of the H and infornt of the bottom part

2. The secondary logo looks good, but why would NASA's current orbiter be anywhere near the moon? It's not made for that... only for orbiting Earth

That leads into the "name issue"...

3. Change the shuttle to a capsule and/or rocket, the name to the "Apollos" and I think we'd have a handsdown winner...

BTW... I would sooo spend the money to deck-out me and 7 of my friends in these jerseys to wear to the first home game... super-sweet

Thanks to all for the comments. A lot of good points are raised.

As to the primary logo, I expected some people to think that the H looked out of whack. I orginally had it leaning the other way, but it looked unbalanced. But I think I can tweak it and make it work. For the orbit around the H, I was trying to make it more dynamic than just having it circling. Of course, as people have pointed out, that orbit would never work, so I'll rework that too.

I think I will replace the shuttle on the secondary logo with an Apollo crew module...

Which would let me change the name to Apollos, if I wanted. I'll keep an eye on what you all think between Orbit and Apollos.

The reason I'm leaning toward keeping Orbit is because I wanted the primary logo to be comprised of the team initials, H-O, just like the Whalers logo used to do.

Updates to come.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

For your seconday logo you might want to define the earth a bit more with the continents- right now I can't tell what part of the earth is showing.  That's nitpicking, however.  Good job.

Uh, thats the moon.....

Uh, I assumed that was the earth because the shuttle orbits the earth. If it is the moon, then he should change it to look like the earth, because the shuttle doesn't orbit the moon.

Here's a concept I developed for the Penguins if they moved to Houston.  The name is the Houston Orbit.  In theory, they would be in the Central, bumping Nashville to the Southeast, who would bump Washington to the Atlantic.

Check out the home jerseys and logos.  Other jerseys to come soon.  C+C appreciated.

Houston-H.png

Houstonlogo.png

I like the logo, and Maybe the "H" should be reversed with and without the orbit could be part of the New Astros logo!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

For your seconday logo you might want to define the earth a bit more with the continents- right now I can't tell what part of the earth is showing.  That's nitpicking, however.  Good job.

Uh, thats the moon.....

Uh, I assumed that was the earth because the shuttle orbits the earth. If it is the moon, then he should change it to look like the earth, because the shuttle doesn't orbit the moon.

You do realize that we're talking about a fantasy concept, so the creator is given a little bit of liberty to orbit the shuttle where ever they want.

Personally, I dont really care whether or not a team uses a singular or plural name, it just has to sound right. No offense to you, but Orbit doesn't connotate a team name to me. Wild (Minnesota) and Lightning (Tampa Bay) are excellent singular names. A singular name that would work well with Houston would be Galaxy.

OK, switched the primary logo. While I'm still partial to the other one, it works like this just as well.

Also changed the secondary logo. It now has the Apollo Command Module properly orbiting the moon.

OK, switched the primary logo. While I'm still partial to the other one, it works like this just as well.

Also changed the secondary logo. It now has the Apollo Command Module properly orbiting the moon.

...Can we see this revised set, please?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OK, switched the primary logo.  While I'm still partial to the other one, it works like this just as well. 

Also changed the secondary logo.  It now has the Apollo Command Module properly orbiting the moon.

It's up. I just replaced the old files with the new ones. The only ones showing are the revised set.

OK, switched the primary logo.  While I'm still partial to the other one, it works like this just as well. 

Also changed the secondary logo.  It now has the Apollo Command Module properly orbiting the moon.

It's up. I just replaced the old files with the new ones. The only ones showing are the revised set.

I still see the old set on the first page so...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ctrl+R

Thumbs up to the forward leaning H. Looks better. The point coming out of the right side of it as an extension of the H's cross bar looks a little out of place now... perhaps move it to the left side of the H, like a speed line coming off of the H. That would interfere with the placement of the orbit, but perhaps some fiddling could be done to make that all look right.

As for the alternate patch... I'd've kept the shuttle and changed the moon to a small planet earth. The earth could consist of blue water and white clouds, or you could introduce a green into the concept. (Not many blue and green teams in the NHL.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Ctrl+R

You sir, you are a god. I feel like a chump for not realising that...WHOOPS.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Very Very Nice. I however don't like the name. Actually I loathe all the singular based names in sports today, (i.e.) Heat, Magic, Wild, Jazz ect. And naming it after one of the shuttles that were lost is a bit insensitive to the families of the other. But Voyagers or Explorers would work with the current setup though. My bet is that the Pens stay contingent on a new arena and that would be contingent on the city getting an NBA team . But I could be wrong.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived