Houston NHL concept

dgnmrwrw

The primary seems a little static. However, the secondary is outstanding. I think the primary would work better if the elliptical trail didn't look like a hoop. Somehow, more motion needs to be illustrated.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The primary seems a little static. However, the secondary is outstanding. I think the primary would work better if the elliptical trail didn't look like a hoop. Somehow, more motion needs to be illustrated.

You mean more like an oval then just a straight circle?

BTW, try swappin the Primary with the Secondary...I wanna see what it would look like...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Here's the preliminary road jersey:

Houston-A.png

I basically wanted to keep it "open" like the home jersey. In other words, lots of open space, flowing lines, and no big heavy sections of color.

Still a work in progress.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Here's the preliminary road jersey:

Houston-A.png

I basically wanted to keep it "open" like the home jersey. In other words, lots of open space, flowing lines, and no big heavy sections of color.

Still a work in progress.

I dunno...seems a little TOO white to me... I really wanna see what that would look like if you swaped the shoulder logo with the crest. I think it might look really good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

:D I agree with Sy agreeing with me! :D

Seriously though, the H looks better leaning to the right.

It's cleaner and crisper, and looks more stable, while conveying motion.

Nice job.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Really nice updates on the home jersey. The primary looks as balanced as it was, but leaning to the right looks better. Plus the orbit going around instead of an 8 pattern adds the the illusion.

I agree with Neon that the road jersey is too white. I'd suggest trying to add the dark blue to the cuffs and the bottom of the jersey, where you could switch the white and dark blue. And maybe a tan line on the socks would also fit, seeing as it is present on the jerseys themselves, but not on the socks.

Solid work overall, I'd love to see those jerseys on the ice!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

OK, here are two more away jersey ideas. I think I like the last one, just because it has more white at the edges, and thus more open space. But I really think they both can work.

Houston-A2.png

Houston-A3.png

And I don't really think the current secondary logo will work as the primary crest. I want the crest on the jersey to say, if nothing else, "HOUSTON." I really want that H logo on there, whether they be the Apollos or the Orbit. I think that, by itself, the secondary logo is just a stylized image of a lunar command module above the moon, and it doesn't put forward the Houston identity as strongly as I want.

Houston-A2.png

I'm diggin this. I think it looks balanced now, now all you need is an alt :P

Kind of reminds me of the current penguins jersey...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

real nice concept.

I just had a question.

Did you try making the round 'orbiting' moon object look more like a puck?

It is the only thing that seems out of place. I'm not trying to knitpick, but what is the main focus object that should be 'orbiting'? Is it the moon or the spaceship? Thats why I'm suggesting a more puck like object. You can keep the spaceship as a secondary with the realistic moon and have a puck object on the primary logo to emphasize hockey.

To me the half moon doesn't seem like it fits with the whole mix.

Just an honest critique.

By the way, are the Pens REALLY thinking of moving to Houston?

I like the concepts and I like the name Orbits.

And I REALLY like the idea of, in the future, if the NHL were to expand to Pittsburgh or another team moved to Pittsburgh, that team could be called the Penguins.

I definitely agree. I wish the NHL would have some sort of Cleveland Browns-esque deal with Pittsburgh where they could keep the name, colors, numbers, and credit for the Stanley Cups....

this has got to be one of the greatest concepts i have ever seen. I can't think of anything to improve on it. normally i don't like curved lines by the shoulders, but the because the team name is orbit, it works.

Orbits is more associated w/ chewing gum. I still like "Challengers" :mad:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And I REALLY like the idea of, in the future, if the NHL were to expand to Pittsburgh or another team moved to Pittsburgh, that team could be called the Penguins.

I definitely agree. I wish the NHL would have some sort of Cleveland Browns-esque deal with Pittsburgh where they could keep the name, colors, numbers, and credit for the Stanley Cups....

That could happen only if the Pens fans cry and whine and act like they were the first city ever to lose a team. Hell if they yell loud enough maybe the NHL will help fund the new place just like the NFL. I still am calling for a constitutional amendmet to leave the name, history and colors with the city when a team moves. How many Lakes are in LA, Jazz clubs in Utah and we all know that Indianapolis has a big HORSE race every year!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

That could happen only if the Pens fans cry and whine and act like they were the first city ever to lose a team. Hell if they yell loud enough maybe the NHL will help fund the new place just like the NFL. I still am calling for a constitutional amendmet to leave the name, history and colors with the city when a team moves. How many Lakes are in LA, Jazz clubs in Utah and we all know that Indianapolis has a big HORSE race every year!

i disagree. if a team moves they have evry right to take their identity and history with them. the browns situation set a dangerous precident, one that needs to end. whever the pens end up moving they should take their history with them. they don't have to use black and gold, or call themselves the penguins when they move, but they should be allowed to keep their history from their past location, seeing as it is the same team.

as for the concept, i love it. imo your original road concept was the best. the one problem i have is that it looks a little simular to the preds alt yellows. the differenc ebeing in that your uniforms actually look good.

Archived