Monday Night Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

NJTank

35 years of MNF on ABC and this is what we get

42-0 Seahawks

Last weeks slow moving thriless Saints Falcons yawner

3-10 Packers vs 4-9 Ravens andother blowout

and next week the

New York Paperairplanes vs the Patirots.

Yeesh

In the words of Howard Cosell turn your sets off there is nothing to see here.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wasn't ABC trying to opt for a "B" game to switch to for games in the last quarter of the season that had sucky match-ups? Seems to me that option is looking more and more attractive. The last few games are turning into ratings black holes.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I'll give ABC a little credit for trying to find a storyline in this obviously meaningless game. Al Micheals opened talking about how Deion Sanders and Brett Favre were teammates back in 1991 when Brett was a rookie with the Falcons. Well, Deion did intercept Favre tonight...

But yeah, another week, another crappy game. What a way to finish out MNF on ABC.

AM.gif

They were but its too difficult to move a game from SUnday to Monday and vise versa too much of an incovince to fans and stadium personal who have things set up at a certain date.

This is why ABC is relinquishing the package, NBA will now have the showcase game and it will be on Sunday Night and it will have flex scheduling the final half of the season in taht they can pluck any game they want. Since its only a few hours difference the same scheduling difficulties will not exist.

The Monday Night Game on ESPN next year wont have such option and they will be just poking and praying its a good game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wasn't ABC trying to opt for a "B" game to switch to for games in the last quarter of the season that had sucky match-ups? Seems to me that option is looking more and more attractive. The last few games are turning into ratings black holes.

I believe the "flexible" Sunday/MNF schedule will take affect with the new TV contract that starts next season.

BB52Big.jpg

I believe the "flexible" Sunday/MNF schedule will take affect with the new TV contract that starts next season.

That would never work. I would be pissed if I got tickets to a game (especially me being an out of town fan), making plane and hotel reservations, the whole nine yards, and the NFL moves the game from Sunday to Monday or vice versa. I would be outraged!

6uXNWAo.png

This has definitely been one of the worst years that I can remember since I started watching monday night football. Its a shame that they have to break tradition and move to cable just like every other sport but I guess in the end it has to be done, especially when it comes to ratings for games like tonight. Hopefully they will choose the matchups a little more carefully next year.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Maybe they should just stick with rival matchups, that way even if teams are having bad years, they're still going to attract a crowd for that purpose anyway.

Redskins vs. Cowboys

Giants vs. Eagles

Steelers vs. Browns

Patriots vs. Jets (yes, I know next weeks game is probably going to suck)

Broncos vs. Raiders

Vikings vs. Lions

Bears vs. Packers

or maybe all-state matchups at least you'll have a region interested

Dallas vs. Houston

Jacksonville vs. Miami

San Francisco vs. Oakland

Baltimore vs. Washington

Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia

Jets vs. Giants

or moved teams playing in their former city

St. Louis vs. Cleveland

Cleveland vs. Baltimore

Indianapolis vs. Baltimore

Arizona vs. St. Louis

Arizona vs. Chicago

Kansas City vs. Dallas

That's all I can think of without the option of rebooking games.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I wonder if this might not be the game that proves to be the one that ends Sherman in Green Bay.

You can claim only so much for injured players causing a 3-10 record. Monday's game showed a Packers team that stood around and just watched, a defense that avoided tackling, and a coaching staff without a clue as to how to get them going.

It got so bad even Madden was yelling at Packers who just stood around without trying to block.

Prediction: The Packers have to win one of their last two games or Sherman's gone.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

That would never work. I would be pissed if I got tickets to a game (especially me being an out of town fan), making plane and hotel reservations, the whole nine yards, and the NFL moves the game from Sunday to Monday or vice versa. I would be outraged!

Just to clarify - the flexible part of it is that NBC will be allowed to move certain games from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night. There will be no chance of moving a game either from or to Monday Night.

RE: Sherman -- I think he's back next year, even though the team quit last night (if it ever showed up in the first place). This is the first bad year he's had as a coach (9-7, 10-6, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 off the top of my head), and I think he'll get a pass. If there were a clear cut choice to replace him, that might be a different story. Since I don't see one, I'm betting he's back.

It's where I sit.

RE: Sherman -- I think he's back next year, even though the team quit last night (if it ever showed up in the first place).  This is the first bad year he's had as a coach (9-7, 10-6, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 off the top of my head), and I think he'll get a pass.  If there were a clear cut choice to replace him, that might be a different story.  Since I don't see one, I'm betting he's back.

If the Packers can fire Ray Rhodes after one 8-8 season, they can easily break off Sherman after going 4-12.

I say Sherman is out in two weeks.

6uXNWAo.png

RE: Sherman -- I think he's back next year, even though the team quit last night (if it ever showed up in the first place).  This is the first bad year he's had as a coach (9-7, 10-6, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 off the top of my head), and I think he'll get a pass.  If there were a clear cut choice to replace him, that might be a different story.  Since I don't see one, I'm betting he's back.

If the Packers can fire Ray Rhodes after one 8-8 season, they can easily break off Sherman after going 4-12.

I say Sherman is out in two weeks.

Big difference - Ray Rhodes completely lost the team in his one year. He had a complete rebellion in the locker room, and respected veterans approached Ron Wolf, essentially begging Wolf to fire Rhodes.

You may still be right, as the team obviously quit last night. I just think he'll be back.

It's where I sit.

Archived