NFL Playoffs, logo/uniform style!

PeytonManningRocks

Ok, so there is a thread for the actual NFL playoffs, but I was thinking, what would happen with this year's playoffs if they were decided by logo/uniform packages? Here's my take....offer yours up!

AFC:

Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati......I think Cincinnati's are better, shockingly.

Jacksonville vs. New England......Pats, no contest

New England vs. Indianapolis.....Colts unis are classic.

Cincinnati vs. Denver.....Denver's are sleek

Denver vs. Indianapolis......I don't like Denver's white unis though, and again, Colts=timeless.

NFC:

Carolina vs. NY Giants....both are superb, but Carolina's is more consistent

Washington vs. Tampa Bay.....if the Skins would just get a lighter shade of red jersey, maybe....but I'll go with the Bucs.

Carolina vs. Seattle......Panthers in a close one

Tampa Bay vs. Chicago.......Bears, not so close

Carolina vs. Chicago.....Bears unis are really good

Super Bowl:

Indianapolis vs. Chicago.....Both are good, but you can't top the horseshoe. Plus, the Bears should never have worn those orange alts. Messing with tradition.

espnsig.gif

Well for one thing, you're so far off base on the Bengals' uniforms. They had one of the more underrated looks in all of sports, like the Falcons. And then they crapped on it, like the Falcons. And what's more, you actually think that the Colts will go to the Super Bowl? They're the Colts. Their quarterback in Peyton Manning. He's made a career out of blowing it in the big spot.

It's a little too bias. Your reasoning for the Colts winning it all is "it's classic". You give little or no explanation as to why you think the team's uniforms are better, it's just fragments and short sentences. Go back and give it some thought, review the uniforms in play here and EXPLAIN why you think they're better, then maybe others will offer up some opinions.

I actually like this idea...

Here are mine, with little or no explaination.

AFC:

Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati This is a tough one. I like the Steelers uni a bit, one of the best applications of black, but the new number font is the suck. I hate the bengals too much to move them on, so Steelers this round.

Jacksonville vs. New England......Teal is terrible. Awful. It should die. New England's unis are nice, i dig the silver helmet, and the red-white-blue. NE wins

New England vs. Indianapolis.....I dig them both, but the Colts rock the one-color-plus-white look very well. I go Colts.

Pitts vs. Denver.....Denver's are some of the worst Nike abuse out there. Replicated ad nauseum, ad infinitum. Pitts wins by default.

Pitt vs. Indianapolis......The Steelers lose because of their crazy number font. Colts move on, because their unis are clean, simple, classy.

NFC:

Carolina vs. NY Giants....Boy, if this was a couple years ago, the Giants win in a romp. But that white jersey with all red? Thats puke. I go Carolina, despite their stupid helmet horns and ridiculous black jersey.

Washington vs. Tampa Bay.....this would be much more fun throwback vs. throwback. As it is, i love the pewter shade of tampa's helmets, and their unis look modern without being too... Nike. Washington is fine, just not exciting. TB wins.

Carolina vs. Seattle......I go Seattle here. Unique color as a base, plus a tastefully small application of neon green. Very well done.

Tampa Bay vs. Chicago.......Bears, for being navy, classy, strong.

Seattle vs. Chicago..... wow.. tough matchup.. I go Seattle for the uniqueness.

Super Bowl:

Indianapolis vs. Seattle.....Tough call. I dig the one-plus-white unis of the Colts, but the striping issues bother me, while nothing really concerns me like that about Seattle. Victor- Seattle.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

you actually think that the Colts will go to the Super Bowl?  They're the Colts.  Their quarterback in Peyton Manning.  He's made a career out of blowing it in the big spot.

Hello. My name is Dave. You've just made a friend for life.

Hi, my name is Brian - you just made two friends for life :D

My team allegiance aside, am I the only one who thinks the Colts' uni's are plain as hell?

No, you are not, but "plain as hell" is not a bad thing in this instance. My team allegiance should show that I dislike all things about the Indianapolis Irsays, but I will give them their due on the uniforms. They got rid of the embarrassing blue pants shortly after foisting them upon us and went back to the grey facemasks and striped socks. Now all they need to do is fix the shoulder stripes so they reach at least close to all the way around.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well for one thing, you're so far off base on the Bengals' uniforms. They had one of the more underrated looks in all of sports, like the Falcons. And then they crapped on it, like the Falcons. And what's more, you actually think that the Colts will go to the Super Bowl? They're the Colts. Their quarterback in Peyton Manning. He's made a career out of blowing it in the big spot.

This thread is based on uniforms! Not the actual teams and how they play. Personnaly i love the Falcons unis.

you actually think that the Colts will go to the Super Bowl?  They're the Colts.  Their quarterback in Peyton Manning.  He's made a career out of blowing it in the big spot.

Hello, my name is Greg. Your friends for life are piling up fast because you just made another one. :D

BB52Big.jpg

AFC:

Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati......I think Cincinnati's are better, shockingly.

Not when Jon "Hey, how do I still have a job?" Kitna is at QB they aren't.

come on he was rusty.

If the playoffs were actually based on uniforms the bengals not only wouldn't make it, but they would get the first pick in the draft. I hate the new uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hello, my name is Greg. Your friends for life are piling up fast because you just made another one. :D

Howdy, my name is Drew. Take my card. Your my new friend for life. :D

Gosh, I'm sorry I interrupted all this mouth-kissy Peyton-hating with an actual on topic post. I'll just get out of the way now.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

OK, fair enough. Being a logo/uniform nut, I'm sure you know that the Baltimore Colts' (that's Baltimore Colts) color scheme is actually taken from the franchise's previous life as the Dallas Texans. The original Baltimore Colts (again, that's Baltimore Colts) of the AAFC were previously the Miami Seahawks and their colors were gray and green. The year after these Baltimore Colts (you know, like Pimlico) folded, the Texans did the same. 1951: that was the last time a National Football League franchise failed. The good citizens of Baltimore purchased a sufficient number of season tickets and were given the Texans' franchise, colors, and players.

But that's all in the past. You see, the Indianapolis Colts are a chicken @#$% outfit. And they deserve to lose. They deserve to lose in the playoffs, in the regular season, in the preseason, in intrasquad scrimmages, pro-am golf tournaments, and pick-up basketball games. But they do have sharp uniforms.

I don't know guys, eventhough I am biased towards the 'skins I have to say that their uniforms are much better than the bucs. The classic burgandy and gold make it one of the most unique unis in the nfl. In my opinion the bucs have one of the worst color combos. The red jerseys are ok but the white/pewter combo is absolutely disgusting. No way this beats the skins home or away or even the white shirt/white pants look.

Wow....sheesh! Sorry to burst your all's bubble. that might be as harsh a reply to my topic as that SC Angels concept......it's allright though, I haven't been driven away yet..

Oh and as to why the Colts unis are the best of the bunch, consider that I'm only taking the current playoff teams. I love the Packer unis and the red Cardinals jerseys, too. But since they aren't in the playoffs, I didn't bring them up.

Maybe I should just stick to sports and not uniforms........

espnsig.gif

• 1 year later...
you actually think that the Colts will go to the Super Bowl? They're the Colts. Their quarterback in Peyton Manning. He's made a career out of blowing it in the big spot.

Hi, my name is Brian - you just made two friends for life

Hello, my name is Greg. Your friends for life are piling up fast because you just made another one.

Howdy, my name is Drew. Take my card. Your my new friend for life.

Greetings, my name is Jake. I know I'm a little late, but is it too late to join?

:D All in good fun of course.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived