MLB Opening Night/Series 2006

HurricaneDavid

Just found these new logos...

OpeningNight.gif

At first glance these look really nice... but then when I started studying them, I noticed the space inside the two "G"s on the Opening Night logo is different... one is all red, and the other has blue. That has to be an oversight, right? What reason would there be for the difference?

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

I think the first "G" with the red inside is probably the correct one. It is consistent with the other letters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This smells like a hoax....

I'm gonna second this. Just seems like it could be, plus I believe Blackjack has MLBStyleGuide access and would know about this.

I do have access, and I would have thought that MLB would have sent its LICENSED vendors the file before it became public.

"Interesting strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them."

Cards.png

I'm gonna second this. Just seems like it could be, plus I believe Blackjack has MLBStyleGuide access and would know about this.

I do have access, and I would have thought that MLB would have sent its LICENSED vendors the file before it became public.

It's up on MLB PressBox, not yet public... well I guess now it is, but you know what I mrean.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

It's up on MLB PressBox, not yet public... well I guess now it is, but you know what I mrean.

It just seems odd that PressBox has it, but vendors who need months of production time to have items ready by April don't have it.

Cards.png

do you know if they'll be changing the colours for each team, like the mlb logos on the hats/jerseys and a few other logos?

such as this for the a's...

openingnight.png

If they do that, they really need to leave the bunting red-white-blue and concentrate the colors on the wording.

LvZYtbZ.png

It just seems odd that PressBox has it, but vendors who need months of production time to have items ready by April don't have it.

Is this a logo that is put on merchandise? I don't recall seeing it on merchandise in the past, rather just on TV and on the field.

I haven't seen an Opening Day logo, just these two.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

I'm under the impression that there is only one Opening Night. White Sox vs. Indians on the Sunday night. Then the rest of the league will play Opening Day on that Monday. Isn't this how they've been doing it the last few seasons?

Archived