The U football

logodawg

Here's my idea for the Miami Hurricanes concept. I think it's tamer than what they've wore the last few years, but it's still wild for them.

The concept features a sleeve patten that I made for my first Detriot Lions concept, but figured that it suits Miami more.

I might do an alt. if there is enough interest...

miami.png

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

They do look better than the current set. The only thing I don't really like is the orange lower sock. It just doesn't look right to me, perhaps only because I'm not used to it.

As for the stripe pattern, it definitely fits "The U" better than the Lions. In fact, it looks vaguely like a series of weather/hurricane flags circling the sleeve (though the color is off).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In fact, it looks vaguely like a series of weather/hurricane flags circling the sleeve (though the color is off).

My first thoughts exactly. Neat idea, whether that was your intent or not. I guess you won't be able to do it in the warning flag colors (red/black), but it's subtle enough that people might make the connection. At least 2 of us did.

Nice concept overall as well.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

great job with this.  i think the pants need a little more attention . . . its like there missing something.  just my opinion.  great job though.

Yeah, I wanted to keep the pants relatively simple. I was planning to add the flying ibis logo but I got lazy...

I'll add it when I post the alt. that I'm working on.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

very nice, a little futuristic, a little classy, and not the piping crud they wear now.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Can't say I like it all that much. The odd sleeve stripes look like they belong on a Hawai'i uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree with the previous comments about the socks. I've always thought they should have green facemasks instead of white.

Also: I thought Miami's home jersey was orange and green was the alt. To cover all bases, I suppose you should add orange pants as an option. And I'd put white numbers with a green outline on the orange jersey, and use that with white pants, not green.

I would go with a serif type for the nameplates as a tribute to the 'Canes' first national championship, in '84.

Other than that, these are a huge improvement over what they have now.

Packers-2.png

Archived