Devils to get new Arena

KevinMcD

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like some other teams do when they move into a new stadium, I'd like to see the Devils do something with their uniforms, maybe even their logo when they move to their new digs in '07.

6uXNWAo.png

Like some other teams do when they move into a new stadium, I'd like to see the Devils do something with their uniforms, maybe even their logo when they move to their new digs in '07.

I know the Sabres did that in 1996 when they moved into the HSBC Arena

saBS.png

They won't. Devils CEO/President/GM/Head Coach Lou Lamoriello has repeatedly said the Devils will never change their look, not even adding an alt. There will be a tweak next year when the nhl goes to the form fit unis but I wouldn't expect anything major. The team and organization is modeled after the great Canadien teams as well as the Celtics and Yankees. Don't expect them ever to change their uniforms significanty as long as Lou Lamoriello is in charge. And he's not going anywhere any time soon.

:blink: Those round things on the corners of the arena look exactly like the garbage can next to my desk right now!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

They won't. Devils CEO/President/GM/Head Coach Lou Lamoriello has repeatedly said the Devils will never change their look, not even adding an alt. There will be a tweak next year when the nhl goes to the form fit unis but I wouldn't expect anything major. The team and organization is modeled after the great Canadien teams as well as the Celtics and Yankees. Don't expect them ever to change their uniforms significanty as long as Lou Lamoriello is in charge. And he's not going anywhere any time soon.

Why would you want to touch perfection the Devils logo could not be any better. Perhaps they can add an official word mark or a alternate logo buts thats it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why would you want to touch perfection the Devils logo could not be any better. Perhaps they can add an official word mark or a alternate logo buts thats it.

The Devils have a wordmark. It appears on the side of their helmets.

teamphoto.jpg

Perfection?? The Devlins current logo is kinda trashy if you ask me. With a name like the Devils, they could do so much better than that generic NJ/spork looking thing.

6uXNWAo.png

Perfection?? The Devlins current logo is kinda trashy if you ask me. With a name like the Devils, they could do so much better than that generic NJ/spork looking thing.

I believe he means in the sence that it is simple, and professional looking. yes, you can go in many interesting directions with the moniker 'Devils', but many of them can lead to quite cartoonish, un-pro level designs.

I think the NJ intertwined with each other with the devil ellments is a very classic design, far from generic. It's almost the same level of Detroit/Montreal/etc. where changing it without alienating their history and fans, like the Yellow Boston Alternates

Inaccurate, that depicts people remotely near a Devils game.

It also depicts people walking leisurely through Newark, with no fear of being mugged or shot at random.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Newark? They should've built it in.... I dunno... Houston? Kansas City? Somewhere where they'd actually get fans to a game even after winning three Stanley Cups?

Just what Devils fans need. Higher prices to whine about.

Inaccurate, that depicts people remotely near a Devils game.

It also depicts people walking leisurely through Newark, with no fear of being mugged or shot at random.

That's Camden now.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know the Sabres did that in 1996 when they moved into the HSBC Arena

The #1 reason NOT to change a thing.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I don't care what they don't do to their uniforms, the New Jersey Devils will never be the Montreal Canadiens. They are a bunch of goons in a swamp.

Wow, whates with all the hatred. No one is saying the Devils are just as great history wise as the Canadians. But it is fact the Devils have modeled their organization after Montreal. If you look at who they have brought into the organization most have some ties to the great Canadian teams.

Archived