New Milwaukee Admirals one-game jerseys

Gothamite

Wow.

While searching for photos on the Admirals' site, I came across this:

Uecker.gif

FEBRUARY 17, 2006 vs. MANITOBA 7:00 PM

BOB UECKER PLAID JERSEY SERIES & PATRICK CUDAHY CHEERSTIX NIGHT

The first of two games that the Admirals will wear plaid jerseys similar to the one designed by the legendary bob Uecker for the mid-90's TV commercials.  The jerseys will be auctioned with the proceeds benefiting the Milwaukee Admirals Power Play Foundation.  The first 5,000 fans will receive a set of CheerStix courtesy of Patrick Cudahy.

Wow. Just... wow.

Plaid.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.

Uecker.gif

The first of two games that the Admirals will wear plaid jerseys similar to the one designed by the legendary bob Uecker for the mid-90's TV commercials.  The jerseys will be auctioned with the proceeds benefiting the Milwaukee Admirals Power Play Foundation.  The first 5,000 fans will receive a set of CheerStix courtesy of Patrick Cudahy.

Wow. Just... wow.

Plaid.

Those commercials with Uecker and former owner Lloyd Pettit (R.I.P.) were hilarious back in the day. However, I really hoped those jerseys would never see the light of day again. They look like absolute hurl.

QPR%20Sig.png

What is wrong with you people in Milwaukee?! First the return of that old, cruddy Brewer logo, and now... this?!

^_^

(Stand up--*clap clap*--if you hate Milwaukee...)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow.

Uecker.gif

Wow. Just... wow.

Plaid.

Those commercials with Uecker and former owner Lloyd Pettit (R.I.P.) were hilarious back in the day. However, I really hoped those jerseys would never see the light of day again. They look like absolute hurl.

So, I'm guessing you will not be spending your birthday going to that game?.... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

At least they didn't go with the plaid that the Wisconsin state Assembly and Senate have been debating about making a yellow, green, and blue plaid pattern as an official state plaid.

What?!

I would love to see a photo of that.

The Kenosha News ran an artical about this last week but no picture was included. The artical also talked about all of the other odd official state objects we have. Like State Animal, Domesticated Animal, and Wildlife Animal to name a few.

The artical said the yellow was for beer and crops, the blue for the lakes, green for the forest and where the Green and Yellow come together for the Packers. Good Old Wisconsin Tax Money at work.

At least they didn't go with the plaid that the Wisconsin state Assembly and Senate have been debating about making a yellow, green, and blue plaid pattern as an official state plaid.

What?!

I would love to see a photo of that.

img4.jpg

Most states already have an official tartan. Wisconsin's is pretty bland. Too many colors. There are a number of official and semi-official US national tartans that are nice, including an interesting Bicentennial tartan.

But the main thing is hooray to the Admirals. Now if only a team would adopt plaid full-time as a uniform element. (Why it hasn't already happened in soccer is beyond me, unless it's to avoid aesthetic entanglement with plaid-wearing hooligans.)

20082614447.png

This plaid uniform will make every Admirals player look like a giant, skating Triscuit.

Now I don't know about you, but when I see Triscuits, I immediately begin a frantic search for cheese to put on them.

Perhaps this is a subtle ploy by those devious bastards, the Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.

Oh, I'm on to them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love how you people bash these jerseys like the Admirals actually think these look good. It's just a promotion based on comercials they ran in the 90s. It's fun and I'm definately going to at least one of the games.

Also, if the Ads win 10-0 both nights(they're wearing them the 18th as well) I will be campaigning for the team to wear them the rest of the season. :D

Here's how passe plaid is -- not even field hockey players are wearing plaid kilts anymore!

A SHORT HISTORY OF PLAID

The 1916 New York Giants had purple plaid, and the 1998 Scotland soccer team's Umbro jerseys had only a faint hint of plaid; you had to be up close to see them, since it looked like they were watercolored onto the navy fabric.

Wow.

Uecker.gif

Wow. Just... wow.

Plaid.

So, I'm guessing you will not be spending your birthday going to that game?.... :D

You know, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out to me. Oh well, I'm probably going to UWM's Bracket Buster game on the 18th anyways (probably with the mother of all hangovers to contend with ;)).

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived