Super Bowl XL Uniforms *merged*

Enough, already. I probably dislike the dark monochromes as much as most people around here, but the Earth will not stop rotating on its axis if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl in their scuba suits. I think there is bit of Chicken Little-style overreaction going on here. Everyone needs to sit, take a deep breath and think happy thoughts for a few minutes.

For the record, the foregoing comments have nothing to do with my intense dislike for the Steelers and my desire to see the Seahawks run them out of Massive Layoffs Field (I mean Ford Field. Sorry). I would feel the same way if the Seahawks wore white and the Steelers surprised us with all black uniforms.

Thank you! There are already enough people picking on the Seahawks. I am already sick of hearing about Jerome Bettis.

With the many similarities between the Seahawks and Buccaneers I am amazed at how different their meida reaction has been in their first Super Bowl appearences. Think about it, they both joined the league at the same time, both sucked throughout most of their history, both were a "trendy" Super Bowl pick for a few years before finally making it, both met a team with much more history in their first Super Bowl. And yet, I don't remember Skip Bayless of ESPN writing about how the Bucs were fakes and didn't deserve to play in the Super Bowl. Why so much animosity? :therock:

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enough, already.  I probably dislike the dark monochromes as much as most people around here, but the Earth will not stop rotating on its axis if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl in their scuba suits.  I think there is bit of Chicken Little-style overreaction going on here.  Everyone needs to sit, take a deep breath and think happy thoughts for a few minutes.

For the record, the foregoing comments have nothing to do with my intense dislike for the Steelers and my desire to see the Seahawks run them out of Massive Layoffs Field (I mean Ford Field. Sorry).  I would feel the same way if the Seahawks wore white and the Steelers surprised us with all black uniforms.

Thank you! There are already enough people picking on the Seahawks. I am already sick of hearing about Jerome Bettis.

With the many similarities between the Seahawks and Buccaneers I am amazed at how different their meida reaction has been in their first Super Bowl appearences. Think about it, they both joined the league at the same time, both sucked throughout most of their history, both were a "trendy" Super Bowl pick for a few years before finally making it, both met a team with much more history in their first Super Bowl. And yet, I don't remember Skip Bayless of ESPN writing about how the Bucs were fakes and didn't deserve to play in the Super Bowl. Why so much animosity? :therock:

interesting, let us not forget that both teams changed staduims and unis. Heck the Seahawks changed conferences. I think people look at the Seahawks as that team WAY THE FAR OUT THERE because they are in the Northwest.

That's pretty weak if you ask me ... the Steelers wearing home white. They ever done that in playing Pittsburgh??

I know if the Jets went with white in a Super Bowl when they were "home", I would be kinda disapointed.

Maybe Jerome Bettis's favorite jersey is the white one? Either way, I'm PRETTY sure the Steelers and Jets don't care which jersey YOU want them to wear.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

The rumor continues to have some legs to it. A source of mine has indicated that the Steelers would like to wear there white uniforms in the Super Bowl (the AFC team has it choice and they always pick there home jersey). So this would end a long tradition. A side note those Seahawks uni's (home) are horrible so I hope the Steelers change there mind.

from ESPN.com via AP

PITTSBURGH -- To coach Bill Cowher, the Pittsburgh Steelers simply look right in white.

The Steelers will buck years of tradition and wear their white away uniforms in the Super Bowl against Seattle, even though they are designated by the NFL as the home team and could wear their more imposing black jersey tops.

The black jerseys and gold pants are the Steelers' traditional look, and numerous sports teams have switched to black uniforms in recent years because they believe it creates a more intimidating presence.

Cowher made the choice by himself and without consulting with ownership, saying, "We're not playing at Heinz Field so, in my mind, it's an away game."

I'm in the minority, but I don't like Seattle's dark jersey/white pant combo. The all-Seahawk Blue set is ok to my eyes, though I think I'd like dark blue pants better (the colour used on the sleeves, or what's left of them).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think the Bills blue and white combo works I hate the blue and blue combo. Bring back the white helmet (Joe Cribbs) please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does that have to do with the thread?

Back to the thread, if the Steelers win, is there a possibility for them to become one of those white at home teams?

Good news! Seattle hasnt lost a home game this year, so hopefully the blue jerseys bring them good luck. And I guess Im in the minority also because I think the seahawks blue/white and white/blue looks plain bad. Normally Im against monochromes, but blue/blue and whitewhite look good for the seahawks. If you take out the bias' and just watch them in action... When I first saw the seahawks in the preseason with the new uniforms when they wore the nonmonochromatic uni's I thought, uhh hopefully they dont wear those in the season.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Good news! Seattle hasnt lost a home game this year, so hopefully the blue jerseys bring them good luck. And I guess Im in the minority also because I think the seahawks blue/white and white/blue looks plain bad. Normally Im against monochromes, but blue/blue and whitewhite look good for the seahawks. If you take out the bias' and just watch them in action... When I first saw the seahawks in the preseason with the new uniforms when they wore the nonmonochromatic uni's I thought, uhh hopefully they dont wear those in the season.

what did they wear in preseason? pictures?

anyways all blue will be good for the hawks since they havent lost since early october in blue (redskins), and the steelers are on fire in the playoffs with white, so i see it as the best of both teams!

god am i glad! i dont really like the seahawks white unis...

Archived