LSU Tigers

BigShoop

Tempest, I like the font, but the old tiger face will have to stay.

As for the Tulane fans...LSU is more concerned with comparing themselves to UGA, UF, UT, Bama, etc. Tulane/LSU has only mattered in baseball. Tulane has gotten up for a few midweek games lately, but LSU is something like 9-2 versus Tulane in the postseason (and overall it is 50/50 the last 10 or so years). LSU sent Tulane packing 4 or 5 times in regional play, but all they remember is a bunch of midweek games and 2001. Selective memory is what they live off of at Tulane (I was waiting for the '98 football reference, and you came through for me. Thanks).

The rivalry doesn't exist anymore in football (or basketball). LSU consistantly drills Tulane in hoops and what was it, 42-0 at the half the last time we played in football? Come on. Noone cares about Tulane anymore.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the current tiger as well. I think it would look just as great paired with the Geaux type as an updated version would.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Put me on that side as well...but robbman, do they call Tiger Stadium 'Death Valley?' I thought that was Clemson (or, as Dan Jenkins called it, Climpson).

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Put me on that side as well...but robbman, do they call Tiger Stadium 'Death Valley?' I thought that was Clemson (or, as Dan Jenkins called it, Climpson).

Both schools claim Death Valley as a nickname for their stadiums. i'm not sure whose came first, but i believe the nicknames happened around the same time.

For tempests helmet concept, the font looks really good, but i would stick with the current tiger on the helmets. But i'm kinda partial to it.

I would have to say its a combination of simplicity and looking like its older than 30 years old. It may have came out in the 70's, but it has the feel of being around forever. One of the things that make college football so great is its timeless feel. I know the helmet isnt a "tradition." but it looks like a classic.

I was toying around with the Bengals' logo, and I managed to open the mouth wider, and put the tongue in there, among other things, and it came out like this. I like it better.

lsuhelmet.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I was toying around with the Bengals' logo, and I managed to open the mouth wider, and put the tongue in there, among other things, and it came out like this. I like it better.

lsuhelmet.png

Very nice. Blows both the old and new LSU tigers away.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok as a lifelong Tulane fan, I will let all of you that don't know about the rivalry about it. Since the 1920's when LSU and Tulane first played football, the rivalry has been very intense. It's more of a hatred than a rivalry.

Yes, in the last few years, LSU's football program had been better than ours. But in '98, when the Tiggers had a poor season, and Tulane had an undefeated one, Tiger nation suddenly started rooting for us, until '99 when they went to the SEC championship game again. In the 90's, their men's and women's basketball teams struggled while ours flurished, that's why I'm wearing the ring that I am wearing. We won the Metro Conference in 1992 and went on to the NCAA men's tournnament while Dale's Tiggers were wishing that they were there. During the 1990's, TU's men's and women's programs made a combined 11 post-season appearances, while LSU's sat and watched.

Personally, I HATE THAT LOUSY STINKING UNIVERSITY IN BATON ROUGE!!!!

By the way, sorry we kicked your asses in Baseball the last three seasons. You really should think about getting Smoke outta there and bring in a real coach. Aloha!

AMEN BROTHA!!!!!!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Tempest, I like the font, but the old tiger face will have to stay.

As for the Tulane fans...LSU is more concerned with comparing themselves to UGA, UF, UT, Bama, etc. Tulane/LSU has only mattered in baseball. Tulane has gotten up for a few midweek games lately, but LSU is something like 9-2 versus Tulane in the postseason (and overall it is 50/50 the last 10 or so years). LSU sent Tulane packing 4 or 5 times in regional play, but all they remember is a bunch of midweek games and 2001. Selective memory is what they live off of at Tulane (I was waiting for the '98 football reference, and you came through for me. Thanks).

The rivalry doesn't exist anymore in football (or basketball). LSU consistantly drills Tulane in hoops and what was it, 42-0 at the half the last time we played in football? Come on. Noone cares about Tulane anymore.

no, YOU don't care about Tulane anymore. Don't generalize for the other trailer-dwelling LSU Grads in Red Stick. Money cares about Tulane-LSU. I can't wait to find the next poor soul to give me a ride in the wheelbarrow.........you know.....when we win.....

P.S.: Maybe you should find a baseball coach to compare to Rick Jones....stop living in the 90's....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

I know money rules all, but so does a degree as a doctor.

There is a bigger picture than just bowl games here.

.....just a thought.

And a decent thought it is. But there's nothing wrong in fans being proud of their team's success, and there's nothing wrong with those fans responding to shots taken at their team and their school. A Tulane fan played the "football tradition" card and took a swipe at an LSU fan with it. In the real world, that's like a guy holding a five-card stud hand with a visible 2 and 4 combined with a 5-6-7 hidden and playing it against a guy who's showing a pair of aces. Comparing Tulane and LSU in football is like comparing apples and oranges, so the comparison shouldn't be made. But a Tulane fan is begging for a comparison when he takes a swipe at LSU's football history.

I'll grant you this: Tulane is a fine academic institution and there are more important things in the world than sports. Never said that there weren't.

I know money rules all, but so does a degree as a doctor.

There is a bigger picture than just bowl games here.

.....just a thought.

And a decent thought it is. But there's nothing wrong in fans being proud of their team's success, and there's nothing wrong with those fans responding to shots taken at their team and their school. A Tulane fan played the "football tradition" card and took a swipe at an LSU fan with it. In the real world, that's like a guy holding a five-card stud hand with a visible 2 and 4 combined with a 5-6-7 hidden and playing it against a guy who's showing a pair of aces. Comparing Tulane and LSU in football is like comparing apples and oranges, so the comparison shouldn't be made. But a Tulane fan is begging for a comparison when he takes a swipe at LSU's football history.

I'll grant you this: Tulane is a fine academic institution and there are more important things in the world than sports. Never said that there weren't.

First, why did this thread get revived?

Second, since you're not from there don't pretend that you know something about the series. Since the early 1900's, the Tulane-LSU rivalry has been a live one. Regardless of how terrible TU's football program was in the 80's and 90's, regardless of how bad LSU's men's and women's basketball programs were in the 90's, it's still a passionate rivalry. We hate them, and they hate us. It's like OState and Michigan. They respect each other, but there is a hate there. In this rivalry, there is no respect; only hate.

While I respect the fact that LSU was very successful in baseball over the course of the late 80's and 90's, so was Tulane; hell so was UNO. But the fact remains that since Rick Jones has arrived at Tulane, the rivalry in baseball has gotten better, and more wins have come lately to TU.

Look the fact of the matter is that for many, many years, LSU fans have gloated over that fact that Tulane has had a "lesser" program. That since the tiggers have won multiple national championships in multiple sports, that they think that their poop doesn't stink. The face of the matter is that Tulane has had better success in the last ten years, and they can't stand that fact. We however love it!

Yes, our men's basketball team has struggled since Perry Clark left, but they'll eventually get better. Yes, our football team has also struggled; but they are also getting better. I think that for the sake of uniting Louisiana that Tiger and Wave fans alike, get more bitter towards each other, in the sporting sense, so that we have something to bicker about again instead of wondering when FEMA is going to get off of their collective asses and help us out.

But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.

dodgers-1.png

• 1 month later...
The die-hards won't like this, but a simple update like I've done here could work better than both the current tiger and better than Toonces, which is the poorest big collegiate logo in the history of the Earth. I personally think the Geaux type needs to be on there. The university spent so much money on this proprietary font, and then to not put it on the football helmet, one of the biggest billboards LSU has, is a waste. The letters are attractive, and not very different from those on the current helmet. If they want to unify the teams, this is a good way to start, in my opinion. How 'bout it?

lsuhelmet.png

That helmet looks awesome, I would prefer that over the current one. But the LSU football uniforms they have now are still pretty sweet.

yankeesbanner3xe5.jpg

Archived