LSU Tigers

BigShoop

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know money rules all, but so does a degree as a doctor.

There is a bigger picture than just bowl games here.

.....just a thought.

And a decent thought it is. But there's nothing wrong in fans being proud of their team's success, and there's nothing wrong with those fans responding to shots taken at their team and their school. A Tulane fan played the "football tradition" card and took a swipe at an LSU fan with it. In the real world, that's like a guy holding a five-card stud hand with a visible 2 and 4 combined with a 5-6-7 hidden and playing it against a guy who's showing a pair of aces. Comparing Tulane and LSU in football is like comparing apples and oranges, so the comparison shouldn't be made. But a Tulane fan is begging for a comparison when he takes a swipe at LSU's football history.

I'll grant you this: Tulane is a fine academic institution and there are more important things in the world than sports. Never said that there weren't.

First, why did this thread get revived?

Second, since you're not from there don't pretend that you know something about the series. Since the early 1900's, the Tulane-LSU rivalry has been a live one. Regardless of how terrible TU's football program was in the 80's and 90's, regardless of how bad LSU's men's and women's basketball programs were in the 90's, it's still a passionate rivalry. We hate them, and they hate us. It's like OState and Michigan. They respect each other, but there is a hate there. In this rivalry, there is no respect; only hate.

While I respect the fact that LSU was very successful in baseball over the course of the late 80's and 90's, so was Tulane; hell so was UNO. But the fact remains that since Rick Jones has arrived at Tulane, the rivalry in baseball has gotten better, and more wins have come lately to TU.

Look the fact of the matter is that for many, many years, LSU fans have gloated over that fact that Tulane has had a "lesser" program. That since the tiggers have won multiple national championships in multiple sports, that they think that their poop doesn't stink. The face of the matter is that Tulane has had better success in the last ten years, and they can't stand that fact. We however love it!

Yes, our men's basketball team has struggled since Perry Clark left, but they'll eventually get better. Yes, our football team has also struggled; but they are also getting better. I think that for the sake of uniting Louisiana that Tiger and Wave fans alike, get more bitter towards each other, in the sporting sense, so that we have something to bicker about again instead of wondering when FEMA is going to get off of their collective asses and help us out.

But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! As we say back home in St. Bernard...."If you don't know, you better ask someone that does...." I'm not one to bash people's flaws, such as being LSU fans...but the time for throwing crap in our faces about us being in a bad conference is OVER. Enough is enough. I think it's the jealousy that LSU students have about our vast spelling and mathematical skills that makes them jump on their sports teams bandwagon. All kidding aside though, this is one of the most UNDERRATED rivalries in the nation, and that's due to one thing: football economics. You won the MYTHICAL National Championship in football. Great. You have 5 CWS titles in the 90's. Yippee. Your track and field kids run fast. Awesome. You are in the Final Four this year, and you beat the Longhorns. Fabulous. Now, a DAUNTING question: What's your graduation rate in your athletic department? When's the last time you've had a quarterback drafted PERIOD? When will alot of Ellesewwwwww "fans" realize that they aren't the only fans in the world??? LSU and Southern Miss fans should get together and share likenesses....the world is not draped in Purple and YELLOW....the sun will rise if there wasn't an LSU....ALL you Grandpappys with your Oakley sunglasses, fitted hats perched nice and high as if they had psoriasis, purple Bike brand coaches shorts, and striped knee socks that sit in lawn chairs in front of that abomination of a stadium can't possibly think that others, when we all see them with an ounce of sensibility, will think of them as college fandom royalty??? Are you KIDDING??? Yes, I am a RABID Tulane fan and a grad, and from New Orleans, and I can respect what LSU has done. But LSU fans have to understand one thing: for years, their behavior has been reprehensible and downright arrogant. At least we deal with our athletic inferiority in some sports....what LSU fans should know is that we at Tulane are only trying to help them, because if you cannot acknowledge your own flaws, you are more flawed than the person that can.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

• 4 weeks later...

Tulane=weenie yankees that have a HORIBLE athletic program.

What kind of weenies talk smack on a logo design message board? Why dont you come talk your smack to some diehard over on an LSU forum.......

Could all you cool computer guys stop tryna change LSUs tradition because your ideas suck. The new logos have to go. The old tiger head needs to come back along with the eye of the tiger.

-GGGGEEEEEAAAAAUUUUXXXXX TTTTTTIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSS

What kind of weenies talk smack on a logo design message board? Why dont you come talk your smack to some diehard over on an LSU forum.......

Could all you cool computer guys stop tryna change LSUs tradition because your ideas suck. The new logos have to go. The old tiger head needs to come back along with the eye of the tiger.

Shut up and go away.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, sure, Tulane loses a lot more than LSU... but Tulane has a much cooler logo and superior colors!!! From Gumby to the wave crashing over the T...and even the old interlocking TU and the old pelican from the, when was that, the 50s? And the Tulane baseball jersey w/ Riptide on the bats, ala St.Louis - very spiffy. So, ummm, take that, LSU....

As for the rivalry, we can all thank Joe Dean, LSU's AD, for its demise. Apparently, it was far more advantageous to play SW Iowa St of Des Moines than to continue on of the country's longest football rivalry. And just why does't Tulane and LSU play basketball anymore? Too many losing efforts in the 80s to Tulane?

Okay, so this could be better stated, so I apologize to any Tulane fan if my arguements are a lil weak, I live in Tangipahoa Parish, and god forbid it you walk anywhere with a Tulane cap... but, it's nice to differentiate yourself from the rest of the LSU lemmings...

hjwii

Classic LSU dink.

These attempts to improve LSU's dated and awful helmet have merit. Despite the fact that working with whiz yellow and Barney purple tends to limit the success of the overall design, the modifications have been pretty well done.

Well, sure, Tulane loses a lot more than LSU... but Tulane has a much cooler logo and superior colors!!! From Gumby to the wave crashing over the T...and even the old interlocking TU and the old pelican from the, when was that, the 50s? And the Tulane baseball jersey w/ Riptide on the bats, ala St.Louis - very spiffy. So, ummm, take that, LSU....

As for the rivalry, we can all thank Joe Dean, LSU's AD, for its demise. Apparently, it was far more advantageous to play SW Iowa St of Des Moines than to continue on of the country's longest football rivalry. And just why does't Tulane and LSU play basketball anymore? Too many losing efforts in the 80s to Tulane?

Okay, so this could be better stated, so I apologize to any Tulane fan if my arguements are a lil weak, I live in Tangipahoa Parish, and god forbid it you walk anywhere with a Tulane cap... but, it's nice to differentiate yourself from the rest of the LSU lemmings...

hjwii

Well, they also stopped playing UL-Lafayette in baseball after 2001 and the infamous sweep at Tigue Moore Field in Lafayette. Since then, LSU won't even entertain offers to play UL at Alex Box, lest the Kittens get swept in front of their home fans...

In case outsiders don't know, LSU is one of the more reviled universities by its own citizens, and not just because of athletics. The state budget for higher education is about 40% for LSU, and the rest of the universities get to fight over the scraps, despite these universities offering programs that are on par or in many cases surpass LSU's own (See UL-Lafayette's Nursing, History, and Computer Science programs, and Louisiana Tech's generally superior engineering programs)...on a shoestring budget. In response to the massive budget shortfalls caused by Katrina and Rita, LSU's cutbacks have paled in comparison to the large cuts absorbed by the rest of the universities in the state. After all, we can't cut LSU's budget, they bring in money to the state by going to the Peach Bowl in Atlanta and bowing out of the NCAA baseball tournament before the SuperRegionals! <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• 9 months later...

This must have been tried but didn't see it here. Not saying this is any good, just interesting. Bengalesque without being Bengals. Actually I really like the tempest version. Anyway...

lsu.jpg

This is cool. Wow. Love this idea. (**)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

This must have been tried but didn't see it here. Not saying this is any good, just interesting. Bengalesque without being Bengals. Actually I really like the tempest version. Anyway...

lsu.jpg

This is cool. Wow. Love this idea. (**)

I like the idea, but only if they put it on a yellow helmet, made the eye smaller (approximately the size of the current tiger head / bug splat), and put "LSU" in the Geaux font above it. That way they would keep somewhat traditional while using the awesome eye logo.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

They ought to have someone draw a clean version of their tiger logo, enlarge it, and remove "LSU" from the helmets. I agree that their current helmets look like absolute crap. Most high school teams wouldn't go out on the field wearing those.

I'm a longtime LSU fan and yes, I like the current helmet logo. The white ones we've worn,along with the gold jerseys in the past are outstanding and just using those for special games is good enough for me.

Tempest.....I do like your concept bit it forces a change in the unis and I'm against that.

I find it interesting that some are calling for the changes say the logo is outdated and/or boring......Outdated? Boring? Any casual fan of sports, not just football, will instantly recognize Notre Dame,Ohio St.,Michigan and Penn St. when they see those teams helmets. These schools(3 of 4) have no logo at all. How about Oklahoma? Or Nebraska? Alabama anyone? Basic colors and a letter or 2 and some numbers

I'm not a fan of half these teams but there is no way I would change any of them.

If you don't like the team,fine. Go to the team board and carry on your little U suck messages there.

One of you graphic geniuses need to gimme...

You sound like a 2-year old. Gimme? Sounds like someone needs to give you a firm

"NO. Stop or it's time-out for you!"

Where do people come off demanding stuff? I've goten 2 different...DEMANDS...for a concepts. Do you think I even bothered to reply? Learn some manners, ASK nicely, and maybe someone will work with you.

To quote Wolverine, "I don't jump through hoops for nobody."

THUMP. I'm off my soapbox.

One of you graphic geniuses need to gimme...

You sound like a 2-year old. Gimme? Sounds like someone needs to give you a firm

"NO. Stop or it's time-out for you!"

Where do people come off demanding stuff? I've goten 2 different...DEMANDS...for a concepts. Do you think I even bothered to reply? Learn some manners, ASK nicely, and maybe someone will work with you.

To quote Wolverine, "I don't jump through hoops for nobody."

THUMP. I'm off my soapbox.

wow.........gimme a break....... :rolleyes:

SigReflect.png

It's HORRIBLE.....If you are going to use the word that describes your spelling and grammar, spell it correctly.

Actually, oh educated one, I am a Tulane Alumnus who was BORN AND RAISED in New Orleans. YOU are what Tulane fans hate. Arrogant, and as stupid as can be in as few words as possible. Next time you get off the toilet, look down and sniff really hard. Everyone's smells the same.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

The die-hards won't like this, but a simple update like I've done here could work better than both the current tiger and better than Toonces, which is the poorest big collegiate logo in the history of the Earth. I personally think the Geaux type needs to be on there. The university spent so much money on this proprietary font, and then to not put it on the football helmet, one of the biggest billboards LSU has, is a waste. The letters are attractive, and not very different from those on the current helmet. If they want to unify the teams, this is a good way to start, in my opinion. How 'bout it?

lsuhelmet.png

That helmet looks awesome, I would prefer that over the current one. But the LSU football uniforms they have now are still pretty sweet.

as Sgt Rick Hunter says "It works for me"

Archived