Canadiens unveil a 3rd

Breakwood

As much as i despise the Habs... (my dad was a huge fan, had a hat on a pedestal...im not making this up)... i like these very simple, very classic... i give it a thumb way up

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I thought I was the only one that noticed the old style "ch" :laugh:

great looking jersey, i agee its better than their current white road too. (should've maybe chosen the lace up version though, it'd match the red lace up)

The only thing i dont like are those big vintage patches on the CCM throwbacks. Put the "v" logo on the bottom rear of these unis.

They look really nice and classy, but anyone else notice that the white uniform is gonna have more blue than red in it?

I'm actually not sure why they bothered with the red jersey though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Those whites are great they should be worn all the time for every single road game.

One question though what is that patch?

I believe that it's the NHL vintage logo that they use to indicate vintage items. It features a 'V' with the NHL shield inside it.

I saw, I came, I left.

WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO????????? IT LOOKS THE SAME AS THE JERSEYS WORN LAST YEAR EXCEPT FOR TWO BLUE LINES!!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!! THE FLAMES NEW JERSEY LOOKS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER!!!

They are throwback jerseys that will be worn in special games.  Thus, they are not new designs.  Get a hold of yourself.

Is it me, or do those white jerseys look, except for the body stripe, a little like the old Jets homes?

It's the thin red-thick blue-thin red elbow stripes that give me that feeling... that and the red collar. The differences are there in large quantity (cuff trim, waist trim), but I think Jets too.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I reckon these look pretty cool! Well done the Habs and the NHL for the whole throwback thing! Nice to see Hockey giving a nod to its history and traditions.

A big thumbs up from me too. Not that the jerseys have changed a lot over their history giving them a lot to choose from.  :)

Still, I like 'em!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...

I just caught a glimpse of the Canadiens in action wearing their new unis. gotta say, I like the look from the front, but my god, from a distance its imposible to see what numbers there are on the ice. The blue red stripe completely interferes with the blue red numbers.

It's not a bad idea, I'm glad they picked a heritage look, but its so hard to read...

Archived