Nike Swift Olmypic Jerseys

philly97flyer

Everyone is complaining but I don't see anyone offering up anything better.

WHAT? Not offering up anything better? WTF?

Here's something that's better. Let the images load and scroll down to see that each and every one of the 2005 jerseys are better than these pieces of crap.

http://frosken.com/hockey/

I designed the Iceland jersey and crest on that page when I was at Nike.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have a template for this? I'd like to play around with some NHL teams designs.

But what's the point of using this template just to color it in with NHL team colors? We can all picture a blue Oilers jersey with thier logo on the front and orange armpit slashes. It's not "a concept", it's horribly predtictable and more like a coloring book for grownups if you do that. :mad: Oooooh, look, it's red Wild jersey with green armpits and weird gold stripes on the back. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

You used to work at Nike? In all seriousness, how does one get a job like that?

I am very interested in design and marketing in the sports uniform marketplace.

yeh for 4 years I worked in Team Sports designing hockey and football jerseys.

Actually after looking at them again, alot of those jerseys on that page

I recolored from existing NHL templates (old blues, Ottawa) wayback in 1997.

And just created a simple logotype for the front (hungary). Iceland and Netherlands are a couple that we actually got to design the whole logo and everything.

Getting a job there is not easy, design school would be a good start and after that

experience with similiar companies or if you have the talent, they make take you

in and help you grow while there. There's no 1-2-3 step process, it varies for

everyone based on your skill and talent.

Does anyone have a template for this? I'd like to play around with some NHL teams designs.

But what's the point of using this template just to color it in with NHL team colors? We can all picture a blue Oilers jersey with thier logo on the front and orange armpit slashes. It's not "a concept", it's horribly predtictable and more like a coloring book for grownups if you do that. :mad: Oooooh, look, it's red Wild jersey with green armpits and weird gold stripes on the back. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Are you really this bitter over a jersey design? That's messed up.

I was just asking for a template if anyone has one, thanks. :therock:

gagner3.png

These suck so hard.  I'm a little too big to do "Swift" or "Form fitting" thanks so much.

Also a question, why don't they sell authentic olympic jerseys?  I have a 2002 USA Bill Guerin jersey but I had to buy a replica from usahockey.com.  They never sold authentics (48, 52, 56, with fight straps, etc...) Anyone know why?

They sold authentics around Toronto, if you knew where to look (aka Nike Store). Mind you, they were Team Canada jerseys. I dont think they will sell the authentics for awhile, and when they do, they will probably be exclusive to online. The problem with selling authentic versions of these is the build in wrist gaurds in the wrists of the jerseys (one of the mentioned features when the jerseys were first announced) so I dobut you will see authentics soon, and when you do, they wont really be "authentic". I'm a snob when it comes to jerseys (I wont buy a current replica) but the Olympic jerseys that are out now are pretty close to authentic, I mean, everything is stiched, its just not the same material and has no fight strap...and also has a better cut appearently.

I visited the fine city of Toronto in August for the first time ever. I had an awesome time and I will be back.

I was watching some Olympic commericals on TV the other night. They showed some clips of the US vs. Canada gold medal game. Those jerseys looked great. They really shouldn't have messed with this. Now these monstrosities may end up in the NHL. That's unfortunate.

mainescarf.png

during the NBC game, i just saw them handng the USA jersey to Chelios because he was named captain. I sweaar there was another stripe on the shoulder/arm, red and white, not just the white like the pic in the first post. Am I wrong, or did they modify a bit, it was like the Canadian one.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

during the NBC game, i just saw them handng the USA jersey to Chelios because he was named captain. I sweaar there was another stripe on the shoulder/arm, red and white, not just the white like the pic in the first post. Am I wrong, or did they modify a bit, it was like the Canadian one.

Your right there is a red and white stripe.

eurowxs10102021433.rp420x400.jpg

Does the "C" on the jersey stand for;

a ) Captain

b ) Chelios

c ) Crappy jersey

d ) All of the above

What's with the look on the guy's face handing him the jersey? He looks like a chipmunk in a suit! :D

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

What's with the look on the guy's face handing him the jersey? He looks like a chipmunk in a suit! :D

Well, much like the noble chipmunk and Commissioner Bettman, this gentleman apparently stores nuts in his mouth for the winter months.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I saw a thing, I think on ESPN where they were interviewing different hockey players about the olympics, might of been on NBC during intermission of their game. But it showed sweden's jersey on mats sundin, and it doesnt have the three crown look anymore, it has like a national shield on it, which sucks.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I saw a thing, I think on ESPN where they were interviewing different hockey players about the olympics, might of been on NBC during intermission of their game. But it showed sweden's jersey on mats sundin, and it doesnt have the three crown look anymore, it has like a national shield on it, which sucks.

I saw that on NBC and the jersey looked to be the same that was used at the World Juniors and past olympics. Yellow and Blue tie up with 3 crowns. Maybe that was the patch on the front shoulder you saw or maybe the jersey's they wore in the '94 olympics.

There is a two page spread photo of one player from each, or nearly each, team in the Olympics, all of them wearing a new swift jersey, except for Peter Forsberg. He was wearing an old-style jersey with the tie neck collar. This to me confirms what has been posted on the board already about Sweden being the only team to not wear the new swift jerseys. I think you can count on Sweden being the least changed of all the jerseys and the three crowns will be left as they have been. Perhaps you saw the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation patch they wear on the upper chest.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

It could have been a patch, was just flippin channels. And if sweden doenst wear the swift jerseys, pretty sure that will be the team i cheer for lol.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

There is a two page spread photo of one player from each, or nearly each, team in the Olympics, all of them wearing a new swift jersey, except for Peter Forsberg. He was wearing an old-style jersey with the tie neck collar. This to me confirms what has been posted on the board already about Sweden being the only team to not wear the new swift jerseys. I think you can count on Sweden being the least changed of all the jerseys and the three crowns will be left as they have been. Perhaps you saw the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation patch they wear on the upper chest.

JeffB

Sweden is the most "old skool" of the international federations. They are very proactive in

preserving the integrity of the 3 crowns and striping pattern of their jersey. They actually went as far as sending their own measurements for the sleeve and hem stripes and how big and how far the crowns should be apart for the front crest when I was at Nike. Made my job easier, thanks sweden :¬)

im always open for new age design but these are pretty bad. I hope nobody in the NHL ever adopts any of these templates.

Well, the Olympic jerseys are Nike and the NHL is being outfitted by Reebok, so you can probably count on them doing something different. Perhaps horrible, but in their own special way. :evil:

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived