Nike Swift Olmypic Jerseys

philly97flyer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By and large, a collective step backwards. Way backwards. :puke: to templates, both in general and this specific one.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Unfortunately, we don't get a good shot of the backs, which is where the majority of sucking takes place on these sweaters. That, by no means, is to suggest that the fronts look good by any stretch of the imagination. Thanks, Nike.

Random thought: would the perfect storm of bad uniform design be a Nike Oregon hockey set? I smell a concept contest... and diamondplate socks. And now I must wash.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm depressed. I actually took vacation time to watch the Olympic hockey tournament and this is what I have to look at for over 50 games. Yuk. :cursing:

I was still holding out hope that only the US & Canada would be wearing the new Nike Suck jerseys, where technology and asthetics can never meet. :cursing:

At least I bought myself one of the previous German jerseys that I thought were so cool.

JeffB :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hey Jeff,

If you're talking about the sweater with the eagle, could post a large image of the crest and 'Deutschland' text?

I want to create a vector drawing of that logo, but haven't been able to find a quality image with which to work.

Wow, I really am a minority here. I totally love the jerseys BUT....But....what I hate is that they all look the same. I have to say the canadian jerseys looked really cool on the players at the World Jrs. I love that the shoulder patch is higher..also makes the players look slimmer and more athletic imo.

No Switzerland too I noticed...

The Italian ones are nice, i like the colour.

Why is it that Germany of all countries has the most unique design?!?!

Well Nike can lick my balls either way, but I like the style of these on players and the template, but not on every frickin team.

gagner3.png

I generally enjoy change...unless it is my boss asking me to change something. :-)

But these really are terrible. No individuality! Uniforms should be uniform to the team. But all teams should be distinctive. This looks like a youth league were the only change is the colors and the name. For the love of all mankind do not spend you hard earned, or if you have a government job, my money on this crap.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Finland also had one of the best jerseys ever, about 4 years ago, befoer they added teh "Suomi" to the bottom. now they are getting worse.

IMHO it should be "Soumi" that is what it is called by the people there. If they don't speak English why should it be in English on their Jerseys? Once again...don't by these jerseys. Money talks...so this BS should walk.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Finland also had one of the best jerseys ever, about 4 years ago, befoer they added teh "Suomi" to the bottom. now they are getting worse.

IMHO it should be "Soumi" that is what it is called by the people there. If they don't speak English why should it be in English on their Jerseys? Once again...don't by these jerseys. Money talks...so this BS should walk.

Folks, I get your thoughts, but both of you do not have the full picture.

Finland is not just the english word. The country is the Republic of Finland, the conventional short form for that is Finland. The local short form is Suomi.

Finland by the way has two official languages, Finnish, and Swedish. I hope that explains that.

By the way, displaying the name in english is rather commen for european teams and countries when it comes to north american sports. Just think about the Austria jersey that had the "Austria-A" on it, a logo used to mark products made in Austria.

i'm not saying it should be in english, i dont want ANYTHING written across the bottom, it looks dumb.

i'm talkin design, not politics, i dont do politics.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived