New Pittsburgh Pirates Mascot

amare32

The Pirates used to have a Pirate mascot. It only lasted half the season becasue the guy that played him was arrested for breaking into a city pool at night with his lady friend and you know... That man went on to be on a whole host of MTV reality shows. Timmy from Road Rules.

No picturew? :mad:

Kind of hard to get pictures if he's not going to be introduced until April 16th.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

If the Pirates really want to attract more fans they could try having a winning season for the first time in 14 years.

This is because teams like the Pirates are more interested in generating $$$ by being able to sell lame mascot toys, than actually winning a few games on the field.

BTW, anyone remember the stupid Steelers mascot that lasted about half a game? It was some dopey looking miner with a giant foam head, and when he was introduced the fans booed and Bill Cowher was caught on camera laughing.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

BTW, anyone remember the stupid Steelers mascot that lasted about half a game? It was some dopey looking miner with a giant foam head, and when he was introduced the fans booed and Bill Cowher was caught on camera laughing.

That sounds like the debut of Wally the Green Monster at Fenway Park Fans booed him when he came ot of the wall for the first time and every time he was out in the open. For the remainder of the year, he didn't come into the stands, he just kept to the concourse under the stands.

If the Pirates really want to attract more fans they could try having a winning season for the first time in 14 years.

This is because teams like the Pirates are more interested in generating $$$ by being able to sell lame mascot toys, than actually winning a few games on the field.

Would that be Stevie Steeler? He showed up on a NFL Films thing on mascots and looked rally lame, why did the Steelers get rid of "The Terrible Fan" he kicked so much ass a giant Terrible Towel wearing a fur coat. Why do the Buccos need a new mascot the Pirate Parrot is one of the best.

For a minute, I thought they were talking about two guys that were just gonna be dressed up like pirates, like the Celtics' Lucky. I'm hoping that wouldn't happen, as that would probably scare the kids to see two dirty old men with bandanas, eye patches and gold teeth. Hopefully they go with some big-headed, top-heavy character instead, as laughable as it may be.

Who the heck needs TWO mascots? Especially Pittsburgh where that parrot has been around for awhile. That's just confusing to kids they don't understand things like that. The Florida Panthers sort of tried that in a way. I remember early in the season when it became the Bank Atlantic Center they had Stanley C. Panther and this giant walking #7 to represent that Bank Atlantic is open 7 days a week for transactions. Kids still went and hugged Stanley Panther. They love him. Except I saw some 5 year old run in terror from the walking 7.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived