Kornheiser to MNF?

Waffles

I cant believe they let go fo Michaels.

"They" didn't. Michaels CHOSE to leave ABC to stay with most of the MNF crew, including his boy John Madden, that are going to NBC.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why couldn't ESPN/ABC Sports just keep Madden and Michaels? Did they not want to do cable? Regardless, MNF isn't going to be the same. All these ESPN personalities doing the show is going stink it up. Tirico is pretty good when it comes to calling college football and he did well in the pro game I saw him call this year with Sterling Sharpe. As for THEESman and Kornhole... These guys suck! I don't see myself getting amped about MNF like I used to. Al Michaels is the best in the business, so why let him go??

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah big time Mike Breen nots bad but I want Marv Albert back doing the finals, and get Charles Barkely more air time he is great on NBA coverage.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

what suspension?

Oh it's true, peeps.

Mike Tirico was indeed suspended in 1991 or 92 for his improper behavior toward female colleagues. I can't remember the length, but it wasn't long at all, 2 or 3 months or something? Bueller? Anyone?

There's a smarmy, whiney, feeble attempt at an tell-all expose called ESPN: The Uncensored History from a few years back or some :censored: like that. It's a terrible, borish read, but some of the ESPN haters may just want to pick it up...you'll love it.

Confirmed. It was a sexual harassment beef that was settled by ESPN out of court. Tirico went off-air for roughly 4 months or so.

nav-logo.png

I just can't believe that Al Michaels would leave ABC. That would be like Johnny Carson going to CBS. Lord, ABC Sports is really becoming moribund.

It's essentially dead. Monday Night Football was really the last ABC Sports property there was. Everything else was signed as a Disney contract with ESPN getting the majority and ABC getting the big-name events and games. As was said on Dan Patrick last week before the game, Super Bowl XL was basically the last true ABC Sports presentation and now ESPN owns everything and just allows ABC to show it.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

ABC is getting out of most of its sports -- kinda like what NBC did a while back when it got out of NFL, MLB and NBA.

ABC got out of NFL, is getting out of golf, (NHL too but that's different). They take over NBC's 2nd-half NASCAR in 2007.

Thing is, it'll switch up all over again in a few years.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Well, here's what Disney got in return for Al Michaels.

- Early round Ryder Cup Right

- Olympic Highlights

- Oswald the Rabbit

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2324417

For those of you who don't know who Oswald the Rabbit is he was Walt Disney cartoon he produced in the 20's. Universal held the rights to it and thus that lead to the creation of Mickey Mouse.

- Olympic Highlights

- Oswald the Rabbit

For those of you who don't know who Oswald the Rabbit is he was Walt Disney cartoon he produced in the 20's. Universal held the rights to it and thus that lead to the creation of Mickey Mouse.

Dayumbe, Ya beat me to it. The post was gonna go like this....

[Paul Tagliabue]We have a trade to announce. The Walt Disney Company has traded Al Michaels to NBC Universal for the rights to...Early round cable coverage of the Ryder Cup, starting in 2008...expanded highlights of Olympic events...and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. The Houston Texans are still on the clock. [/Paul Tagliabue]

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

- Olympic Highlights

- Oswald the Rabbit

[Paul Tagliabue]We have a trade to announce. The Walt Disney Company has traded Al Michaels to NBC Universal for the rights to...Early round cable coverage of the Ryder Cup, starting in 2008...expanded highlights of Olympic events...and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. The Houston Texans are still on the clock. [/Paul Tagliabue]

I really think the FCC Commish should block this trade. This puts ABC WAAAAY over the Salary Cap in 2006-2007.

:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

- Olympic Highlights

- Oswald the Rabbit

I really think the FCC Commish should block this trade. This puts ABC WAAAAY over the Salary Cap in 2006-2007.

:P

I don't know about that. Remember NBC got the rights of SNF from Disney. If anything, NBC need to dump salary in order to pay for the SNF games... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

In another move, did you know James Brown was switching from Fox pre-game to CBS pre-game?

really??? that sucks, FOX's pre-game is head and shoulders above everyone else's...who's gonna take JB's place at FOX next year? Who is CBS getting rid of?

In another move, did you know James Brown was switching from Fox pre-game to CBS pre-game?

really??? that sucks, FOX's pre-game is head and shoulders above everyone else's...who's gonna take JB's place at FOX next year? Who is CBS getting rid of?

I think Dick Enberg is retiring. Gumble will take over his spot as the number 2 play-by-play man and Brown as the NFL today host.

I think Dick Enberg is retiring. Gumble will take over his spot as the number 2 play-by-play man and Brown as the NFL today host.

Pair Gumbel with Bettis and send both Dick and Dan off in the Sunset

...who's gonna take JB's place at FOX next year? Who is CBS getting rid of?

I shudder to think about it, but the early talk has been that FOX may hand the pre-game hosting duties to... Terry Bradshaw. :shocked:

I'd like that. Terry's at least entertaining.

Archived