NHL All Star & Oilers Concepts

dahabsrule

Hey guys,

I'm a graphics guy... I do wallpapers over at o98-designs.com, Stefan... surely some of you have seen my work. Just last night I decided it was about freaking time I started doing concepts, so here's my first two. I started off with an Oilers idea for fun, and you can tell that's my first... then I graduated to an All Star look.

Keep in mind these are my first two ever, but let me know what you think!

----------------------

oilersforfun0mf.jpg

nhlallstar8vg.jpg

Great Job! Liking the All Star ones!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Well done! Although I couldn't see the Oilers going full time to the unis you have here, I could see them use their alternate logo as an alternate jersey any time now.

The All Star jersey's are definately the best out of the three. I like the jersey design and I must say the new conference logos look alright on jerseys.

the oilers is ok, but taken from the Sharks template.  But the All-Star jerseys - top notch, excellent job :-D

I agree. The All-Star ones are really nice. Lots of patches and italic numbers, both things I really like. I'd buy one!

The OilSharks? Well, read my signature for comments on that one...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The Oilers jerseys ... maybe it's just my screen, but the navy blue in that looks almost purple, and I'm not sure where the yellow came from. I'm not crazy about the Sharks template either. But it's a good start.

The All-Star jerseys ... now these, I like. The stars along the trim remind me of a bit of the ASG jerseys in the ?80s with all the stars. I think, though, that the name letters are a touch too large, and the numbers not quite large enough. I'd also like to see the number font be something more along the lines of what's used in the conference logos, just for consistency. Something like what was being used on the star ASG jerseys from the mid-?90s. I'd also go with the contrasting colour (black) along the shoulders on the Western Conference jersey, like you did with the red for the Eastern Conference.

I agree about the contrasting color on the west ASG unis, but I would also suggest that you put the alternate conference logos on the front and put the ones with text on the shoulders. It might look slightly less busy that way.

VmWIn6B.png

I love those all-star jerseys, they would ROCK if they were to actually wear those, and I would probably pick one up.

BTW, I've been to your site a few times and I enjoy the stuff I see there. I've taken a wallpaper here or there from there (and have always wondered where you and even McCanner get them from).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived