CHL Welcomes the Rocky Mountain Rage

scottywazz

4546.jpeg

The second of two Central Hockey League expansion franchises slated to begin play this fall has announced their identity; the Rocky Mountain Rage. At a press conference Wednesday afternoon from C.B. and Potts Restaurant and Brewery in Broomfield, Colorado, the ownership group of Tim Wiens and John Frew announced their CHL team name and unveiled the Rage logo and jersey designs.

Rocky Mountain is slated to christen the state-of-the-art Broomfield Event Center this fall with construction currently underway. Created by Denver?s Adrenalin Design Group, the logo features a fiery eyeball image using black, salmon, crimson and khaki as the primary colors.

CHL PR.

wow thats a bad logo...........what is rage excatially............these silly names need to end :evil:

Well, according to Webster, Rage can be defined thusly:

Main Entry: rage

Pronunciation: 'rAj

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin rabia, from Latin rabies rage, madness, from rabere to be mad; akin to Sanskrit rabhas violence

1 a : violent and uncontrolled anger b : a fit of violent wrath c archaic : INSANITY

2 : violent action (as of wind or sea)

3 : an intense feeling : PASSION

However, I could find no entry for excatially.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I kinda like the logo. But I really like what Danny Ainge is doing, they just need some time.

he has had too much time.........after this off season we will see what he does, but i'm not sold yet..................yea it was the Orlando Rage of the XFL

I don't know about this one...

The name is lacking something and the jersey does the same.

Also, why is it called the Central Hockey League when it clearly has most of it members in the Southwest?

Beware of the flaming eyeball!!

So, is the logo going to go different directions based on the jersey?

The sign shows the eye going downwards to the left, the jersey has it going to the right.

Also, why is it called the Central Hockey League when it clearly has most of it members in the Southwest?

8 teams in Texas, 2 in Oklahoma, 1 in Kansas, 1 in Louisiana, 1 in Mississippi, 1 in Ohio, 1 future team in Arizona, 1 current and 1 future in Colorado, and 1 future in New Mexico. With the exception of the Ohio and Arizona teams its mostly in the Central area of the United States

Signature intentionally left blank

Rage??? odd name indeed..wasnt there an XFL football team with that nickname Rage??? :blink:

They're still around too. The current Orlando Rage (who uses the same jerseys, logos, everything) are a semi-pro team.

They're on TV sometimes. Only reason I know this.

The Portland Roller Hockey International team was called the Rage way back in the 90s...good times...just to throw that into the mix.

Yep... Still have one of their jerseys and some other cool goodies from the Portland Rage, for what it's worth.

BTW... Awesome signature! Nice to see a fellow Hawks fan on the board here. One question, tho... Who are the Columbus and Vancouver sweaters for?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

The original Central Hockey League franchises from 1992-3:

Wichita Thunder

Tulsa Oilers

Oklahoma City Blazers

Memphis RiverKings

Dallas Freeze

Fort Worth Fire

That's pretty central. Since then, they've xpanded and merged with the Western Pro Hocley League, which was mostly Texas/Southwest teams.

BTW, the logo reminds me of the Eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings.

Archived