Isn't anyone curious about the padres new unis?

TruColor

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funky-ass as in that terrible dark grayish color on the BlueJays new roads? Those are hideous. Or could this be the return of, dare I say it, light blue "pajama" road uniforms?

Which brings me to another question. Why do teams use differant shades of gray for the roads?  Some have a very light gray, some a lot darker. Why doesn't MLB streamline the road color? It's wierd to me to have 5 different shades of gray currently in use for road uniforms. It's so pointless to be a couple shades lighter or darker than other teams, why not all just go with one shade of gray? What exactly is the color(Pantone, RGB) of the Jays new road unis?

On Pantones own color research he has dark brown and marigold as the 2004 colors, which looks pretty good to me.

Honestly, I think most teams should just go with a colour other than grey for their road uniforms. (With the excepition of the Yanks, Red Sox) It gives a clear distinction between the teams. Sometimes I hard time distinguishing the teams. The problem would be that would be hazardous for teams who wear black uniforms during the summer.

I saw, I came, I left.

So if the Pads aren't going with brown does that mean they're sticking with blue, or is that something you can divulge?  Also, can you divulge whether or not they're going to have more color than the bland blue and white from this past year?  Sorry about the number of questions, but can you at least say whether or not their new unis are or are not a big stretch (color-wise or design-wise) from their current unis?

I'm gonna guess the new colors as being Pantone: 282C(current Padres Navy) OR 289C(the other common navy color, slightly darker than 282C), 4515C(Vegas Gold), and 279C(Tennesee Titans Light Blue). I'm stumped as to the road color.

that would be Pantone 645C.  A less vibrant/bright light blue.  I think it's a nicer blue than the Titans blue.  So we've got 282C, 4515C, and 645C.

The bluejackets also use 282C for their navy.

I like this color combo, but it really doesn't say "padres" to me.  The double blue is too nautical for the name padres, though it works for the city.

So Avenger was probably close with his guess of Old Gold roads, but they may be vegas gold. Will this be throughout the whole uni, or just the jersey? I think this has potential. I'll go grab my quote from the Jays thread on how I feel about colors of baseball uni's...

Contrary to everyone else, if there is one good thing coming out of these it's the graphite roads. I think it's great to see a team using it's own color as the road jersey, and making it be the whole uniform not just the pants.

I personally think every team needs to do one of these two things, though I realize it will never happen. In some cases it'd look bad if it happened, but it's the principals of these ideas I like.

-Have neutral colored jerseys, not team colors. For instance. The Cards use white in their logos. It's not a neutral color. So, If they had a cream home jersey and a grey road jersey, they would have neutral colored jerseys.

-Have team colored jerseys. The Jays, while looking attrocious in most parts of the uni, are a good example of this. They have white in their logo, so it's a team color. Therefore the home, white, unis are team colored. Graphite is also in the logos and is a team color. Therefore the road, graphite, jerseys are in a team color.

Like I said, in some cases it would look bad, and sometimes it's just not gonna happen, but I being consistency obsessed, like the principals behind it.

Archived