Isn't anyone curious about the padres new unis?

TruColor

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm BAAAAAAAACK!! ... after constant lurking... I LUV the new Pad's threads, the color schemes, logo design, word marks, road unis, etc.  Does anyone know what design firm did the dirty deed here?  Can't wait for "Surfin' Padre", LOL!!  BTW everyone's concept etc. logo/uni designs are high quality,

quite creative & professional, better than most "pro" logo work, so "Fight Nice, Everyone, NO Flaming!!"  Ah, it's nice to be back...

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

These jerseys are button-downs. It's tough to make it out, but you can see the buttons on the jerseys in the picture.

Though I like the overall look of the new primary mark, I'm not a fan of the "Padres" font on the logo or the home jersey. I do LOVE the road jersey!

IMHO, the Padres will be changing their logo and unis again, within the next 5 years. I just don't see this primary mark and font being around for the long haul. As someone posted previously, it's a terrific allusion to San Diego's nautical heritage, but it doesn't communicate the idea of "Padres" in any way, shape or form.

Brian in Boston

I like the new script wordmark.  The "fisheye" wordmark (I think it looks more like dual beams from a lighthouse) is unique and not so bad.  Even the khaki shade of the road doesn't look too extreme.  This is a decent uniform set even though it does have a number of resemblences to the Milwaukee set.

My 2 cents:

Home's decent, alt's OK, road's putrid. Lose the wavey text, please!

My grade: B-. At least it's not brown.  :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I think the road is similar to the brewers in that it looks like day old beer. :D

seriously tho, I like the idea of the primary logo. I'm surprized that it took so long for a team to incorporate a home plate shape into their logo design. Not bad, but those uniforms need alittle tweeking. That home plate would look good on one of SHB's x-overs

seriously tho, I like the idea of the primary logo. I'm surprized that it took so long for a team to incorporate a home plate shape into their logo design. Not bad, but those uniforms need alittle tweeking. That home plate would look good on one of SHB's x-overs

Not to nitpick, but the Royals' main logo is a (slightly distorted) homeplate too :;):

btw, i'm glad to see a team try going slightly out of the box with the roads, as most other road grays are either boring, ugly, or often both

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I like these quite a pit. At first I was sorta leary about the khaki road jerseys, but I think they're great. They're unique while looking classy.

The overall identity is a winner too, IMO. They seem to depict the region perfectly. Looking at that logo makes me feel like I'm on the beach. :)

Archived