Isn't anyone curious about the padres new unis?

TruColor

As I've said before, these colors are very nautical, which works for the city, but not for the team name.

Before this mention of 'fisheye', I was under the impression the road script would be a smoother version of this.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sabres, you are on the right track

Plus, the interlocking 'SD' is very slightly modified. Look closer, although I'm not sure you can see all the detail in that small of a pic. I recieved my season ticket package recently from the team that had the gold interlocking 'SD' in the new style on it, it was large enough to see the new detail. I wonder if that counts as being released to the public? If I had a scanner I would put it up.

Agreed. PANTONE, can you confirm? You mentioned earlier you were lovin' the 'modified SD.' It's more modified than what we see in the PETCO Park logo, yes?

I assume they'll swap out new for old in that logo, seems simple enough.

I'm thinking the modification is so slight that you can't see it at that size.

Sorry about the "never mind"...I posted the new "SD" (with a comparison to the old one) and then chickened out...

What the heck...

The old one (I used the BP version for comparison sake):

SDPadres_BPC_Old.jpg

And...ta da:

SDPadres_HCL_New.jpg

And yes...I'm goin' nuts on this one...

Pantone has got some ins, through ssur.org I presume. I'm liking that new SD.  It would look cool in gold, maybe with a white or light blue outline.

It must be terrible to see all these people flailing around in the dark when you've got the flashlight in your hand. I would splurge, but I don't recommend it.

thank god they didnt go completely throwback then and go with br.....never mind :D

btw pantone, I know youve been walking on eggshells in keeping this thing under wraps, but I must know (and Im sure others are curious too....)

will the friar be a part of this new identity? I sure hope so, Im mr. hate everything retro but I love that friar logo. probably the most versatily gifted logo of them all, right GMac? :;):

Yep.  The Swingin' Friar is on the new Navy Blue alt.  The logo looks exactly the same as before, except for that the bat is Khaki.

Yeah...this whole thing sucks, and I'm not real good at keeping secrets...

Archived