Isn't anyone curious about the padres new unis?

TruColor

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, I'm not as thrilled as I thought I'd be. I like the roads because they are unique... and that wordmark reminds me of something... can't place it. But I agree that the homes and alts are way too Brewers with that script, especially since they pretty much used the same colors (at a glance, not specifics). I like that they brought back brown, even if it is in an extremely lighter shade (OK Shark, it's khaki, but still...)

The logo doesn't really do it for me, but it's fine. The old one didn't say Padres, either.... it was just the word on a circle with pinstripes, so...

I think if anything this indicates a change for the Brewers, maybe back to the loved/dreaded mb-glove. Why else would they allow them to copy so close? I mean, they had to notice, right? That script just drives me nuts, cause it really looks like the Brewers now.

One last thought... from the pics it's not clear, but is it possible the light blue will save them from being too Brewers-esque? It's gotta be in there somewhere, but I just can't see it. Need better pics.

The home uniforms seem to capture the "Padres" script that they had in the mid 70s, except in navy blue and not brown.

As for the uniform itself, it definitely looked exactly like the Brewers home uniform to me at quick glance.

The road uniforms, interesting lettering, but rather bland once again.  

The alternate was okay.

And the new logo.......as soon as I saw it I said to myself "Gee, did the Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers of the USFL move once AGAIN?"

Regards,

Bill McD.

the new primary is great!

now the uniforms...

I like them because well, they arent brown!

I dont like them because the road uni isnt gray. and that lettering on the road uni looks wierd to me. that oversized D in the center kinda throws it all off

when I first heard the colors I immediately thought chargers. now this confirms it. navy blue, light blue, and gold/khaki just screams chargers to me.

but overall, they didnt go back to brown (khaki has as much to do with brown as teal does with orange for the record) and they kept the friar around. therefore, Im satisfied

and yes, expect football and hockey x-overs for this new look in a couple of weeks

Brewers... maybe, but I think it looks way too close to new Blue Jays, at least the style is the same. I bet it's made by the same company / artist. Logo would be good if the team is called Waves, but padres should have something about Padres in it. Yes they wanted to reflect San Diego in logo and colors, but why do you have nickname if you only want to reflect the city.

Anyway, nothing revolutionary, nice update, that will fade in few years and they'll need another update in 5-6 years.

Honestly, how do you convey the name Padres? Have a logo with two parents? The Friar is included, and that's enough for me. Nobody complained because "Nordiques" was represented by a stick and igloo or "Athletics" by an elephant...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived