New Official SSUR Contest

TruColor

I have been contacted by a sports television producer in Knoxville, Tennessee, and he has proposed that I host a contest to come up with some designs for new men?s basketball uniforms for the University of Tennessee.

Apparently, he has been getting a few callers suggesting that the team take advantage of the unexpectedly good season they?ve been having and come up with some new uniforms.

UT is an adidas school and won?t accept unsolicited designs, but this producer wants to have fun with this and have some of you play around with some new ideas.

Here are some of the ground rules:

• This contest is only connected to ?The Sports Source? TV show in Knoxville, and NOT the University of Tennessee.
  • There is NO monetary prize from the show (or from anyone else for that matter!).
  • If one of these designs that is submitted, and somehow UT and adidas decides to go in the direction of the design, the designer cannot turn around and sue the school.
  • Please create both ?home? and ?road? uniforms.

Other items:

• Contest ends on March 31, 2006. The show will be broadcast on April 9.
  • Preferably, all entries should be in vector format; the producer would prefer to have the ability to show them in a large format for television. So, make sure that whatever the format you submit them in can be scaled to at least 72 dpi, 400 x 300.
  • All entries should be submitted to me at this email address: UTContest AT ssur.org (replacing ?AT? with the ?@? symbol).
  • I will provide the official colors and official vector logos to anyone who needs them?provided that they are used solely for the purpose of this contest. (You know what I mean!)
  • Logos that will be provided will include the ?Power T? logo, the secondary logo dog-head logo, and the checkerboard logo. It?s up to you whether or not to include one of them, all of them, or none of them.
  • It would help to keep the traditional Tennessee Orange and White color scheme as a base. Black can certainly be used as an accent/trim color, but it?s a good idea not to use the Light Blue that the women?s teams use.
  • The U. of Tennessee boasts an unusual color scheme that should lend itself to some striking home and away basketball uniforms. The program ? now a factor on a national scale ? should feature uniforms that will draw the attention of ESPN cameras and high school recruits alike. The uniforms can say ?class? or ?flash?, but they need to be ?unique?.
  • The best designs will be shown on the television show?with viewer phone calls and comments. The producers will try to get either the University?s Athletic Director or Head Coach Bruce Pearl on-hand to get their reaction to the contest and designs. They might also try to get the winning designer on the telephone for a live phone interview.
  • Winner will receive a ?The Sports Source? cap, and all of the adulation that one would expect from winning such a contest. Who knows ? it could be decent publicity for the winning designer!
  • The entries will remain hidden from public view until after the show. Afterwards, they will all be posted on my site (www.ssur.org).

I will be putting up a contest page that will also include some pictures of past UT players in uniform for reference.

I will also be posting this contest announcement on both the SSUR forum and Chris Creamer?s Sports Logos forum. These are only two official sites/forums that will be participating in this contest.

I'd love to get in on this, but I am not a member of the vectored set. I can offer up something (I actually have an idea I am liking more and more) but it'd be done MSPaint style. I could make it painfully oversized if that'd help...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Pantone, I'd like to get the logo set so I can work something up for the contest.

Thanks.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Just a question.. I looked at the main site to see the dog logo, but this logo plus the football helmet is all that was up:

2650.gif

Were is this dog logo? And isn't the Vol's logo now just the big T?

Just curious.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pantone, I'm interested unless the contest is limited to US citizens only.

Oh heck no...everyone's invited.

I'm guessing that the producers would LOVE input from Croatia. (I would!)

Everyone just PM me with their email addresses and I'll send you the "toolkit" of graphics...I will also make large raster graphics available for those wanting to use Paint (and other non vector-based programs).

As far as templates go...I think the one everyone here uses would be more than adequate, but I'll look into including something in the kit as well.

The logos I have compiled is the "Power T" logo, one of the dog-head secondary logos, the Checkerboard logo (seen on the football field endzones), and two of the newer wordmarks. I'll post them here later.

ah what the heck..I'll give this a shot.

I'll have to wait for the raster stuff though...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'll do it if I get time. Can I request color information and 'Power T' artwork? [andrewcharlesharrington@gmail.com]

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Oh what the heck...colleges don't seem to care if their Pantone colors are public knowledge or not:

Men's Athletic Colors:

TennesseeUof_MAC_9999_SOL.jpg

And for comparison, here's the women's colors -

Women's Athletic Colors:

TennesseeUof_WAC_9999_SOL.jpg

And, you'll see that the university itself uses a different Orange -

Institutional Colors:

TennesseeUof_INS_9999_SOL.jpg

Don't know if this should effect the concepts or not, but I work in the AD at UT as a grad asst, and I can tell you that the policy that was made when we introduced the secondary marks (dog, "Vols," etc.) are not to be used on uniforms or warmups.

Archived