Phillies v. Yankees Spring Training game uni notes

Korkie

A couple of interesting notes from the first exhibition game of the new year.

- The Phils are wearing their blue road BP jerseys from a few years ago. Last year they were relegated to spring training coaches jerseys. They are back in full force this year and being worn with the red spring training cap w/ blue P & button. They look nice. I have a feeling that they will wear these on the road and the red tops at home during spring training. I like infusion of more blue in the unis, especially the blue P on the hats.

- The Yankees are wearing the trademark pinstripes. It was mentioned on the YES network that they wear them during the first spring training game and then use the BPs for the rest.

I'll post pics if I can at some point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Here are pics of the uni combo. The game pics aren't working right now.

FLRK10602262122.jpg

FLRK10302262118.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

I realize that the Phillies have had these blue BP tops for several seasons now. They just don't say "Phillies" to me.

Chicago Cubs? Definitely.

Texas Rangers? Sure.

Montreal Expos? Yeah, sort of ...

But Phillies? Not so much.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

No socks doesn't bother me, but what you rarely see these days is the style that I prefer to wear if I was a player:

kenny_lofton_01.jpg

More snuggly fit jersey and pants.

083097reese_480x333.jpg

lg_henderson_ap_01.jpg

Here's a great example:

BARRY BONDS OLD STYLE

barry_bonds.jpg

BARRY BONDS NOW

bonds1.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Nah. Go '48 style. All the way.

Preach on, Brother Yunk. Preach on.

The '48 uniform is still my favorite Phillies uniform/hat combo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm not sure there's even a purpose to a spring training jersey. I went to the Orioles vs. Dodgers game today and they both wore their regular season unis.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Preach on, Brother Yunk. Preach on.

The '48 uniform is still my favorite Phillies uniform/hat combo.

nl_1948_philadelphia.gif

Agreed.

Archived