New England Patriots Concept

Coast2CoastAM2006

With this concept, I wanted to fuse the past with the present by bringing back the old patriots logo and the shoulder stripes to replace the current grey stripes. I also added a red alternate as a throwbackish alternate. I was aiming for a kinda throwbackish flair to the current uniforms. I also tweaked the colors a little bit.

NewEnglandPatriots-Concept.png

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'd leave Flying Elvis on the helmet and maybe put Pat Patriot on the sleeves.

Bringing back the red jersey is a great idea, also.

mainescarf.png

I'd leave Flying Elvis on the helmet and maybe put Pat Patriot on the sleeves.

Ooh, no! :blink:

The Flying Elvis was designed with the intent of supplanting Pat the Patriot. They're not meant to be used at the same time, on the same uniform. Major uniform taboo.

As for the concept, I actually kinda like these. I'd thicken the shoulder stripes a little, and I guess I could learn to like the red pants, but I like this.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i can see where everyone is comming from. i was trying to see if pat the patriot could coexist with the flying elvis. in all actuality if the patriots was to ever bring back pat the patriot, the flying elvis would have to go and an alternate logo would probably have to be created.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I made a 2nd version of my patriots concept, but this time dropped the flying elvis and went with the old boston patriots hat logo as the alternate logo on the jersey. I also thickened the shoulder stripes as suggested by VitaminD.

NewEnglandPatriots-ConceptII.png

Edit: Made changes to pant striping as suggested.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Blue jerseys with red pants looks great in picture form, but in actual use, it just doesn't work. Also, I think the shoulder stripes of the blue jersey should match the pants stripes on the blue pants, and the shoulder stripes on the white jerseys should match the silver pant's stripes. It just looks more clean and uniform that way.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Flying Elvis and Pat Patriot can not co-exist. It would be like bringing back Dionne Warwick to co-host "Solid Gold" with Marilyn McCoo (all you old guys know what I'm talking about).

I like the use of the tri-corner hat on the sleeves. Should the hat be red to match Pat's?

Nice. What about trying a "Nautical Blue" (the "official" blue color of the Patriots) facemask on the helmet and some white socks with blue & red striping to go with a red sock with nautical blue and white striping?

Radical Idea Alert...Try the tri corner hat on the front of the helmet, spanning to both sides like Michigan

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Flying Elvis and Pat Patriot can not co-exist. It would be like bringing back Dionne Warwick to co-host "Solid Gold" with Marilyn McCoo (all you old guys know what I'm talking about).

I like the use of the tri-corner hat on the sleeves. Should the hat be red to match Pat's?

I kinda figured that out. retro logos+current logos = no. I didn't think about a red hat. interesting idea.

Nice. What about trying a "Nautical Blue" (the "official" blue color of the Patriots) facemask on the helmet and some white socks with blue & red striping to go with a red sock with nautical blue and white striping?

seems like a blue facemask would make the concept blue over kill but a blue face mask could work.

Radical Idea Alert...Try the tri corner hat on the front of the helmet, spanning to both sides like Michigan

that would be cool to see. im not sure on the NFL rules on this, but that would be cool to have an alternate helmet like that.

IMO, this looks like a good idea.

Thanx.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Make the numbers on the white jerseys scarlett, and reverse the stripe sleeve pattern on the red unis and you have yourself a winner, IMO,

Also, just another suggestion - maybe make the sleeve stripes thicker. It's tough to merge old Pat Patriot with Flying Elvis, as previously mentioned, it's just two totally different eras, but kudos for giving it the ol' college try! :D Nice job!

I like the 2nd concept better than the first. I am not a big fan of the flying Elvis logo.

I like the 2nd one better too the more i look at them.

Make the numbers on the white jerseys scarlett, and reverse the stripe sleeve pattern on the red unis and you have yourself a winner, IMO,

Also, just another suggestion - maybe make the sleeve stripes thicker. It's tough to merge old Pat Patriot with Flying Elvis, as previously mentioned, it's just two totally different eras, but kudos for giving it the ol' college try!  Nice job!

i actually tried using the silver-white-blue-white-silver stripe and the silver disappears in to the white. so i went with silver-blue-white to enhance the silver.

i might try the red numbers on the white jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived