Upset!

jkrdevil

Syracuse just knocked off #1 Uconn in OT 86-84

That just may have punched their ticket. Bad news for the other bubble teams (like my Terps).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yah, I'd have to say the Orange just got in with that win...and Seton Hall is ticketed for the NIT (seeing they got smacked around by a so-so Rutgers team last night).

Dunno if that'll affect UConn getting a #1 in the dance....figure Nova for certain, probably Duke, and probably Ohio State if they win the Big 10 tourney...I can't see UConn losing out to either Memphis or Adam Morrison U. for that other #1 seed

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I think Syracuse got in with the UC win, SU had 20 wins, and there in the toughest conference. As for bubble teams, What About Cincinnati? And why does Doug Gottlieb have a personal grudge against us.

As fot the UConn, SU game, i cant believe Devendorf missed that layup. But it was a great game to watch during englich class.

I think Syracuse got in with the UC win, SU had 20 wins, and there in the toughest conference. As for bubble teams, What About Cincinnati? And why does Doug Gottlieb have a personal grudge against us.

As fot the UConn, SU game, i cant believe McNamara missed that layup. But it was a great game to watch during englich class.

FNZ, I don't think you guys in the 'Natti had too too much to worry about....personally, I thought you guys were in after you slapped WVU around last weekend.

If anyone should be checking their drawers right now, it's Seton Hall....that awful loss against Rutgers last night, followed up by SU beating the Huskies pretty much killed their chances, IMO

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

As fot the UConn, SU game, i cant believe McNamara missed that layup. But it was a great game to watch during englich class.

True, but he did get another clutch 3-pointer with 5 seconds left to get the game to go to overtime. I think Jim Boeheim was right in saying that McNamara is definitely not overrated.

Syracuse won and assured their bid and G.W. just laid down today. No ifs, ands or buts, they just laid down against Temple.

Now, you guys are thinking 'oh no! My team won't get an large bid.' Well, you might want to think that over. Florida State lost today to an extremely underachieving Wake Forest team, Colorado is struggling with freaking Baylor right now.

Something tells me that Hofstra, George Mason and Western Kentucky are going to send fruit baskets and thank you letters to Wake Forest and Baylor for dropping the 'Noles and Buffs out of the picture.

Syracuse won and assured their bid and G.W. just laid down today. No ifs, ands or buts, they just laid down against Temple.

Now, you guys are thinking 'oh no! My team won't get an large bid.' Well, you might want to think that over. Florida State lost today to an extremely underachieving Wake Forest team, Colorado is struggling with freaking Baylor right now.

Something tells me that Hofstra, George Mason and Western Kentucky are going to send fruit baskets and thank you letters to Wake Forest and Baylor for dropping the 'Noles and Buffs out of the picture.

And Michigan GACKED($1 to Rich Eisen) their chance to sew up a bid. Against my Minnesota Golden Gophers no less. Colorado BTW, pulled it out against Baylor.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

And Michigan GACKED($1 to Rich Eisen) their chance to sew up a bid. Against my Minnesota Golden Gophers no less. Colorado BTW, pulled it out against Baylor.

It's still not good to nearly lay an egg against a team that didn't play a non-conference schedule.

I believe that Colorado's chances are dashed after this game unless they can upset Texas A&M.

IF GEORGE MASON DOES NOT MAKE IT, I WILL NOT BE PLEASED!!!! :mad:

They have no one to blame but themselves for losing in the semis.

Yes, joy comes back to bubbleland with FSU's bid going to G.W.

Michigan is the 7th Big Ten team, but I still think they're resting on the inside of the bubble.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

These are some real big wins before beating UConn Syracuse was on the bad end of the bubble now they are in, and now Temple is in pretty good shape too. Gonna be intresting on selection Sunday.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived