Busch III photos

pcgd

All that's missing is the eagle, but I'm not so sure they could use one that big with today's PC environment.

sportsmanuse.jpg

Actually, they still do use it -- it's just on top of a billboard facing westbound Highway 40 (I-64) just west of downtown.

Okay, sounds like maybe you can answer this for me. I've always wondered if the one on the billboard was the same as the one that was in Sportsmans. Is that the case?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the fact that their going into the past for the scoreboard design. All that's missing is the eagle, but I'm not so sure they could use one that big with today's PC environment.

sportsmanuse.jpgHPIM0532.jpg

There should be no issue with the Eagle one its Amahiser Bush's logo and thats Bush Stadium. and 2

Shea.JPG

The Shea Budwiser sign is even bigger.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

KMOV-0018.jpg

Almost done! I swear everytime I look at the images I get a huge smile on my face.

KMOV-0030.jpg

I wonder what color dirt they will have. They seem to have the redder (or its wet) clay around homeplate, and then darker (which I think looks like crap) around the infield. I'm sure it won't be 2 toned or anything, but I just wonder which its gonna be...

This is an odd ad placement btw:

KMOV-0044.jpg

To me, it almost looks like it will only be visable from the air and the arch. Interesting...

This is an odd ad placement btw:

KMOV-0044.jpg

By odd, I hope you mean "friggin' ingenious".

Hundreds of thousands go to the Arch every year, and they'll see the ad every time they look down on the new park. And every blimp flying over every big game will be showing free Bid Light ads during every big game.

Score one for Anheuser-Busch, and look for this trend to pick up with stadiums built after this. It takes the rooftop advertising at the United Center and Qwest field to a new level; by skipping the park's name and without having to resort to adding a roof, they've found valuable advertising space that could only work in a town like St. Louis (or Toronto) where you know people will be peering down at your park daily.

Leave it to the Cards to introduce something novel in a smart, classy way. I am soooooo envious that some of you get to enjoy real MLB franchises, unlike what's been foisted on the public in Philadelphia...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't Busch III built next door to Busch II? Did I miss the implosion, or has it just been hidden from these pictures?

I'm by no means an expert at the layout of St. Louis, but I thought the two were in the same area....

In fact, they overlaped... If you went to a game at Busch II last year, you could see that Busch III was half built, and that they were going to have to take down Busch II to finish Busch III.

As for an implosion, there was none. Busch III was so far ahead of schedule, they decided to tear it down in traditional wrecking ball fashion. I'm sure some of the St. Louis fans here will have the pics of the overlap, and the tear-down...

Moose

Wasn't Busch III built next door to Busch II?  Did I miss the implosion, or has it just been hidden from these pictures?

I'm by no means an expert at the layout of St. Louis, but I thought the two were in the same area....

In fact, they overlaped... If you went to a game at Busch II last year, you could see that Busch III was half built, and that they were going to have to take down Busch II to finish Busch III.

As for an implosion, there was none. Busch III was so far ahead of schedule, they decided to tear it down in traditional wrecking ball fashion. I'm sure some of the St. Louis fans here will have the pics of the overlap, and the tear-down...

Moose

Yeah, I think I remember watching a game on Fox and they were showing where the left (or right)-field pole would be located in the new stadium, but I didn't hear anything about Busch II being torn down during the winter.

Probably wasn't mentioned on SportsCenter....like they'd air non-Yankees or non-Red Sox baseball news in the heart of the NBA season.....

I have some personal pictures to show the overlap. I took these at a game I went to in July.

0695885-R1-028-12A.jpg

I took this one from the top of Busch II through one of the arches.

0695885-R1-042-19A.jpg

This was the view just outside Gate 5 of Busch II

slide0062_image084.jpg

This one I got off of one of the local news sites, i thought it was interesting because it shows construction and demolition simultaneously.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Once again The Cardinals show us why they are the best organization in baseball.

Ouch and a half.

That stadium is spectacular, though. Just looking at it makes me excited for baseball.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Wow, looks gorgeous. I might have to make a trip out to St. Louis sometime(center field seats, of course :D ). It looks as nice, if not nicer, than PNC Park, what I feel is the nicest park in the league(from images I've seen...so my thoughts are somewhat limited).

Archived