Best branded league overall

brooksdiamond

Just wondering what thoughts some of you out there would have on the best branded league

overall. I think it's not possible to say what the best logo in sports is, because there are many that are pretty much perfect. What is the best branded league from top to bottom. The league with the fewest crappy logos or the league with the best quality design. There are quite a few out

there, aside from the four major sports leagues.

NASCAR

Indeed, in no other sport does a fan follow a name, number, car manufacturer, or sponsor so intently.

Example 1: My parents are Tony Stewart fans. Even though I work at Menards, they will only go to Home Depot.

Example 2: Menards is a sponsor of Dale Jr now, and when we use him for advertising, customers bitch about it if they don't like him.

Also you can't name one car that doesn't have a great paint scheme.

I think that the NFL has the most well defined brand out of the big 4, including their individual teams. You know exectly what to expect from the NFL experience, and as far as team logos go, even if you don't like some of them, they're at least consistant and distinct, top to bottom.

I'd say the NBA, despite how heavily mandated they are, has the worst team logos overall. There's a lot of visual clutter, and I don't think even their newer logos are as well executed as the other three leagues.

Golden Baseball League, an independent minor league out of California. Dan Simon and Joe Bosack designed all the teams' logos. They may have had a hand in the uniform designs as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Golden Baseball League, an independent minor league out of California. Dan Simon and Joe Bosack designed all the teams' logos. They may have had a hand in the uniform designs as well.

In terms of logos, yeah, that would probably be it.

In terms of the big 4, the NFL, as usual, has them all beat. The NHL figures prominently, mainly because it features sports design so much more prominently on their uniforms than, say, Major League Baseball does.

We'll see in a year if the NHL is still near the top of the list.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think MLB rates the best. The only baseball logos that are terrible, I think, are Toronto and Tampa.

The NBA has several eyesres, as does the NHL. The NFL has some great logos, of course, but I wouldn't include: Carolina, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Atlanta, Seattle (liked it before the snarl), Philadelphia(liked it before the tweak), or New England (loved Pat).

I think that the NFL has the most well defined brand out of the big 4, including their individual teams. You know exectly what to expect from the NFL experience, and as far as team logos go, even if you don't like some of them, they're at least consistant and distinct, top to bottom.

I'd say the NBA, despite how heavily mandated they are, has the worst team logos overall. There's a lot of visual clutter, and I don't think even their newer logos are as well executed as the other three leagues.

Agreed.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

i guess maybe the nfl may be the most consistant of all the major leagues as far as quality

goes in their logos. the nba's latest logos are ugly..the mavs, grizzlies, sonics, sixers(very ugly),

new suns, wizards. i think the cavaliers logo is very good. it's not cluttered and says a lot with-

out being to busy. i like the new seahawks. i'm not sure about the colors though. even the nfl's worst logos are somehow packaged attractively. probably only the nfl could get away marketing

a time successfully that doens't have a logo, the browns.

NASCAR

Indeed, in no other sport does a fan follow a name, number, car manufacturer, or sponsor so intently.

Example 1: My parents are Tony Stewart fans. Even though I work at Menards, they will only go to Home Depot.

Example 2: Menards is a sponsor of Dale Jr now, and when we use him for advertising, customers bitch about it if they don't like him.

Also you can't name one car that doesn't have a great paint scheme.

Never have I ever felt so justified in my intense dislike of a sport and its league.

I think the Big Ten is the best branded league overall, except for the newer Penn State logo.

Runner-up is the Big East, but only because I like the Big East so much.

MLB, the NBA, the NFL, and the NHL have all happily allowed team identifies to look goofier and goofier over the past decade. Therefore, they're all disqualified.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

NFL hands down. Can't stand the NBA's marketing since I'm not a fan of rap music, bling bling and the whole hiphop lifestyle.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet there are a higher percentage of NFL commercials and promos with hip-hop music than for the NBA. Ever watch ESPN football shows?

Besides, what does any of that have to do with logo branding?

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

NASCAR

NASCAR is probably the second most popular sport in the US, behind the NFL. And while NASCAR is easilly the best at Marketing its sport, I interpret this question as which one has the best logos/uniforms. In NASCAR (judging by the stickers I see on people's vehicles), the numbers are the logos, I guess and the cars and/or what the drivers wear are the uniforms.

Therefore, it is my opinion that NASCAR is dead last since their "uniforms" are covered with advertisements.

I would say the NHL. I think that the NHL just has better overall logos. The NBA and MLB seem to have trouble coming out with good things and just incorporate balls into them. The NFL is good, but I think the NHL has the best / most unique overall.

But if best branded = best marketed, then NASCAR is #1.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived