WHA Concept Project

Frylock

No problem with the Screaming Eagles! It looks outstanding! Not sure what to make of the sleeve and waist trim, but I really like your choice of gold as the secondary color. The only reason I never did a Screaming Eagles concept was because I could never find a good quality logo to use. Of course, Eriq, you have a good quality logo and my e-mail address... (hint-hint! :P)

Hint taken...check your email. :)

I chose the gold...kinda going for a Birmingham Stallions color scheme, which I think works out pretty well. I'm not 100% thrilled with how the trim turned out. It looks pretty good on the waist & shorts, but not so hot on the sleeve & socks. Take a look:

miaroadin.jpg

I might re-work it a bit, or just wait for you to come up with your own, to keep the whole thing consistent.

--Eriq.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...I decided to re-work the Miami concepts. Here's what I came up with...

Home:

miahomecc2.jpg

Road:

miaroadcc2.jpg

I haven't put them in-game yet, but I think they're a definite improvement over my first concepts.

Hopefully, I'll have some new in-games by the end of the week.

--Eriq.

WOW!!! Eriq has done some great work here!!! :notworthy:

First, that modified Screaming Eagles concept is much better. Four thumbs up! And as for the 3D conversions of my original concepts, I'm very happy with how the Golden Blades, Whalers and Roadrunners turned out. I would definitely change some things on my original Nords and Nationals, and I've never been happy with that Raiders set. But that's definitely not Eriq's fault! B)

Now... BIG THANKS TO ERIQ for sending me those HQ Screaming Eagles logos. Because I now have MY Screaming Eagles concepts completed! :woot: Check them out in the first post on the first page of this thread. Let me just say that the home and road are very simple, perhaps old-school jerseys. But the alternate... whoa... I admit that it's a slightly modified NHL template, but I think it works for this team. And can you spot the "M"s in the trim? :suspect:

Thanks again to Eriq for the logos and mad props for all his work on this project!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Sakes alive, this was a lot of work.. and well done, too!

Nice job. Terriffic.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually have a reason to dig this topic up again...

My Project WHA Challenge didn't get too much response, but I have made an add-on, based on Pittunited's Norfolk Dreadnoughts concept.

Home:

norhomein.jpg

Road:

norroadin.jpg

And my own quick Alt:

noraltin.jpg

And here are a couple shots from the back:

norhomebin.jpg

norroadbin.jpg

--Eriq.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

WOW! Those look incredible "in action." And I think I like your alt even more than my road sweater.

Think you can send me a snapshot of center ice?

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived