WHA Concept Project

Frylock

The Knights jerseys look nice. They IMO have room for one improvement though.

You matched the sleeve striping to the bottome striping in a sense. But, what if you made the striping instead of horizontal on the bottom, vertical, but obviously cut off at a point. Does that make sense? It seems like you may have done a jersey like that already though. See my first T-Birds design for hopefully the idea. here

All around i good job though.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STL -- That's an excellent idea.  I will give that a shot.  That could have an interesting look, perhaps not unlike my Golden Blades concepts.  It would be similar, but different enough.

I like your Thunderbirds concepts!  I wish those people would've let us know one way or another.  Oh well...  Just another reason to reaffirm my loyalty to the Winter Hawks.  :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Just a quick modification alert!  I took STL's suggestion and modified the Knights jerseys, and I gotta say that they look better -- kinda quirky, but meets my criteria.  Check 'em out!

And speaking of checks...

I threatened to do it, and I did it.  I'm not counting this as an official submission in my collection of WHA concepts, this is strictly a goof-off jersey.

Click here for my ugliest jersey concept ever.  Note:  I will not be held responsible for retina or monitor damage, or any injuries incurred while viewing this concept.  :D

Enjoy!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

But, why would it be red and black?  Shouldn't it just be black and white?

Not if the owner of the team owned one of those cheapo, Milton-Bradley 3-in-1 checkers/chess/backgammon sets.

Hey! Don't blast the Charlotte Checkers' jerseys!

Actually, while at a Checkers game last weekend, it all of a sudden came to me that the nickname "Checkers" isn't a reference to winning or a checkered flag, but a reference to...checking. Yeah, I know.. :o...but, I don't think too many other people get it either...

Yeah, both the Checkers' jerseys and those checkerboard jerseys are...for lack of a better word, horrendous...  :P

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I just started looking at this thread (and quickly, I might add), so I apologize if this has been covered, but I believe the Michigan Stags' primary color was a Light Blue.  The logo was Red, Gold and Black however (as you have here).  I THINK the Light Blue might have actually been Process Blue, but that's just a guess.

Nice job by the way...

• 10 months later...

Sorry to drag this post up out of the depths, but...

Way back last May, I asked Frylock permission to turn his concepts into jersey add-ons for EA Sports NHL 2004, which he graciously gave, with the condition that I share screenshots with himself and/or the message board.

Well...about 9 months later, I finally got around to it, and here are some of the results:

Baltimore Blades Home (this was back when home meant white):

balthomein.jpg

Road:

baltawayin.jpg

Alternate:

baltaltin.jpg

Came out pretty good, I think. The player models do a bit of odd stretching near the color (note that the "WHA" has a pyramid-like shape to it), though.

--Eriq.

pretty cool, do you have anymore... btw, where is Frylock?

Yeah, I have more, but not in-game. As I've been completing 'em, I've put them up here. Most of them are just the NHL 2004 "TORF" files, which is what the game maps the uniforms from...so they might seem a bit odd looking. Feel free to pok around, though. If prompted for a password, use "projectwha", without the quotation marks.

Haven't noticed Frylock around in a while...his last post was...gosh, almost three months ago!

--Eriq.

Archived